Board 6
Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... (/showthread.php?tid=9992)

Pages: 1 2

Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - sTr - 09-15-2010

or do you bootleg them all like me now a days. It's easier, less commercials, fuck it all. ! just pay for the internet, fuck cable TV, ! watch everything ! want to live if ! want and download the rest minus commercials.. anybody else in the same boat as me? pirates 4 life?

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - Grimlin - 09-16-2010

Blockbuster and cable pay per views here for the most part.

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - F-Disk - 09-16-2010

Yea i don't have any services i even pirate my internet. i used to enjoy ninja video but now i torrent everything right now i have the back to the future trilogy downloading i don't know why i would even bother renting a movie when i can download it in less time then it takes me to drive to blockbuster

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - Insanecowposse - 09-16-2010

They have services set up like 10$ for unlimited music downloads or netflix where they send you copies of movies unlimited al month so even if you are willing to pay to watch and listen you don't have to buy the cd or dvd. Unless its a collectors edition with autographed stuff or a t shirt or some kind of bonus you couldn't download its not worth it.

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - dirtymonkey22 - 09-16-2010

i havent bought a cd in like 2 years and they way music is im happy cuz eveyone i like who just put out a cd and they suck all but a song or two

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - Paullehh - 09-16-2010

Last cds i bought were "La coka nostra- a brand you can trust" and "Dark Lotus - Opaque brotherhood"
Everything else is downlizzled :P

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - Phantom - 09-16-2010

I still buy things like cds, dvds, etc but I'm extra picky nowadays because of the easy accessibility.

Case in point, there are numerous dvds/blu rays/cds that I probably would've bought no doubt had it been like 5 years ago. Now, though, I buy pretty much only Blu Rays (unless it's something very obscure). I don't really buy CDs anymore. I bought the latest Fozzy one so I could have Jericho sign it, and every christmas I buy a christmas CD. That's pretty much it.

Also, I think a huge factor is getting older and my priorities are shifting. Not to either condone or condemn, but for me I have less time to sit around and play video games, for example. In turn, I'll buy fewer games, and have even less amounts of time to play them.

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - N-Do - 09-17-2010

Newsgroups FTW!

I still use torrents here and there but for the most part I just use newsgroups now, theres like no risk involved and me and a few of my friends have had some close calls with comcast calling us and telling us not to download movies again (there were a specific few that were tracked by movie companies probably). So now its that, and I still buy CD's and DVD's if they are deserving of it, but mostly like box-sets, blu-ray's(don't own a blu-ray burner yet), and special editions.

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - Phantom - 09-17-2010

Newsgroups? First time hearing that, please elaborate.

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - sTr - 09-17-2010

a bootleggers best friend = peer block. it updates it's lists everyday of all govt, movie companies, anti-p2p groups, etc. it blocks the shit out of those fags, haven't gotten one warning on my internet connection since ! started using it.

Get that shit: http://www.peerblock.com/

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - N-Do - 09-21-2010

^ Props, good info right there.

As for newsgroups, they are paysites that give you directdownload links for everything you need, from their servers. The one me and my friend are using is like 10$ a month, not bad for everything we are getting and the speeds are awesome, it will basically go as fast as your internet will download, all annonymous so no one knows what your downloading anyway.

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - BiggGameJames - 07-10-2012

i download but i still buy them when i get a chance.

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - sTr - 07-10-2012

haven't bought an album sice ! was down with icp, and that's been a long time...

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - F-Disk - 07-10-2012

str i do the same although i went to the side of the house and inside the cable box i took the filter that blocks the cable chanels when you only by internet and drilled a hole straight threw it so i get cables for free aswell but i only watch that when i have nothing i want to download

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - Stoopid Dog - 07-10-2012

Only thing I ever bought in the past 5 years was Angry Video Game Nerd

AVGN is the shit... good job supporting the peeps that need it....

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - Enigma - 07-10-2012

i get free directv...but i work for directv. so they give it to me.

can ! get any discounts through you... possibly for the nfl package?

Re: Does anybody still buy CDs and DVDs... - juggalogigolo - 07-10-2012

ive got cable... and a dvr, but i just download the shows because im to lazy to go watch them in the room with the dvr

fuck paying for music though

and fuck commercials...

sTr Wrote:can ! get any discounts through you... possibly for the nfl package?
add it, then call to cancel it. then keep saying no to all their discounts and you will get an awesome fucking price. i can't tell you what it is...but that's my advice.

is there anyway to get to you....

lol. nah. i'm not takin calls for that. i'm actually mentoring the n00bs that are taking those calls alone

hmmmmmm interesting

to bad dish tv is fucking lame as fuck

dag.... probably not a way to do it online? :(

nope

trust me....the time on the phone is way worth it.

how long should you wait between the time you add it and the time you call to cancel

some bitch this morning asked for a supervisor and when i got on the line she wanted me to give her credit for taking the time out of her day to call. i said, "yeah....that's not happening."

fred Wrote:how long should you wait between the time you add it and the time you call to cancel

fred Wrote:how long should you wait between the time you add it and the time you call to cancel
you can do it within like 10 minutes. cuz all the calls are required to be given the discounts, regardless of when it was added.

nice

or, if you don't have dtv right now, sign up and you'll get the nfl sunday ticket for free this season.

does this shit work with movie packages or just the nfl shiz

that's what pissed me off, ! signed up a couple weeks before that promotion last year and they wouldn't give it to me when ! called in...