Board 6
The Gathering - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: The Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=9939)

The Gathering - CranialEntropy - 08-20-2010

Alright people, I was driving across America with a friend and we made a little pit stop in bumfuck IL and hit up the gathering. Saw a lot of ridiculous shenanigan's as expected. I know most of you couldn't give two shits about ICP anymore, but here's a little gem they dropped at their seminar: there's going to be six more joker cards. Extra bonus: they're retroactively making Bang Pow Boom the first of the next six. Just when you think a band couldn't jump the shark anymore. I for one think this beyond stupid and they're george lucas-ing what little bit of respect they had from their older fans.

Discuss or rub your nuts, don't matter to me.

Re: The Gathering - sTr - 08-20-2010

Wow, that's pretty funny. They are going there, they couldn't come up with anything else. Kinda makes sense, six jokers cards for all the fans that became Juggalos after the initial six had already came out. That's what it seems like if you ask me.

Re: The Gathering - Paullehh - 08-20-2010

*dusts off the credit card*

Re: The Gathering - CranialEntropy - 08-20-2010

I mean, at least when leading up to the first sixth joker's card there was an air of mystery regarding a handful of secrets they had never discussed before. Of course no one expected the end of time to consume the world and blah blah blah, but at least they're was a legitimate build up to the end of their saga. This time around, it couldn't be more obvious they're all about the cheddah. Not that their was a time when it wasn't a major focus, but at least there was a sense of something larger. I bite my thumb at thee ICP.

Re: The Gathering - sTr - 08-20-2010

Another sour point is that at least the first six had names that joker's would have, or at least sound like a name of some type of entity. Bang Pow Boom is not a Jokers Card name, and it is lame that instead of making six new albums they are being lazy and throwing an album that's been out over a year into the mix.

Re: The Gathering - Toxic Love - 08-20-2010

Maybe if their newer music wasn't so... boring... I would be excited.

BMR though... I'm all over that. ;)

Re: The Gathering - Grimlin - 08-21-2010

You'd think as rich as they are they would have retired after the 6th for the most part.

They pretty much lost any respect they had from the underground world.

Re: The Gathering - dirtymonkey22 - 08-21-2010

i think they should of stopped maybe just do lotus and rydas and a b.s album here and there
whats worse is they know there new shit sucks .

i read this next tour they are doing is called the old shit and they are playing everything up to the jeckel bros and nothing past that fuck i kinda wana go to that.
they very realy play in DET exept hallowicked and the kids are first then

Re: The Gathering - Paullehh - 08-21-2010

If they wanted to do something great and do 6 more jokers cards then a "remake" would have been better musically and financially seeing as the first one is already out..

They should redo all the og jokers cards with new songs but keeping the spirit and style of each album for it.

That would be much more a appealing to me anyway.

Off topic i think. .... Anybody watch "Big money rustas"? it was great Happy

Re: The Gathering - dirtymonkey22 - 08-22-2010

i just got it still need to watch it