Board 6
Local Group Wants Ronald McDonald To Retire - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Local Group Wants Ronald McDonald To Retire (/showthread.php?tid=9838)

Local Group Wants Ronald McDonald To Retire - dirtymonkey22 - 04-01-2010

Quote: Click to enlarge1 of 1
Ronald McDonald
AP

Close

numSlides of totalImages Related StoriesLeBron James Signs Deal With McDonald's
(1/28/2010)
McRage? Woman Goes Berserk Over Hamburger
(1/7/2010)
Woman Allegedly Punches Window Over No Nuggets
(1/4/2010)
Utah Teen Fights Citation For Rapping Food Order
(11/19/2009)
Ronald McDonald has taken his fair share of criticism over the years, but now a Boston-based activist group wants to force him into retirement.

Corporate Accountability International is the organization that successfully got rid of Joe Camel for marketing cigarettes to kids.

Now they've come out with a report called "The Case for Ronald McDonald's Retirement"

It claims that the clown is "the product of a well-orchestrated and shrewd marketing strategy by America's king of fast food" and that "McDonald's food is responsible for such social ills as heart disease, diabetes, animal welfare abuses, labor exploitation, unceasing environmental destruction and the breakdown of our food system."

Corporate Accountability International already runs a Web site, WheresRonald.org, which encourages visitors to "follow Ronald's traveling circus of junk food marketing across the U.S."

According to the Web site, Ronald McDonald was spotted teaching kids math in Fayetteville, Ark.; putting on a show "all about friendship, cooperation, anti-bullying and active play," in central Ohio, and participating in a "safety day" in Orlando, Fla.

The group argues these appearances only serve to market unhealthy food and habits to children.

McDonald's has used Ronald McDonald in its ads since 1963.

In a statement to WBZ, spokeswoman Becca Hary said they has no plans to retire their "beloved brand ambassador."

"He is the heart and soul of Ronald McDonald House Charities, which lends a helping hand to families in their time of need, particularly when families need to be near their critically-ill children in hospitals. In fact, 4 million children are helped every year around the world through the Ronald McDonald House Charities.

Ronald also helps deliver messages to families on many important subjects such as safety, literacy, and the importance of physical activity and making balanced food choices. That's what Ronald McDonald is all about, which our customers know and appreciate."

What do you think?

Re: Local Group Wants Ronald McDonald To Retire - sTr - 04-01-2010

! think that McDonalds should close down for good, their food = balls balls...

Re: Local Group Wants Ronald McDonald To Retire - Grimlin - 04-01-2010

I used to love their Big Macs...The last one i had almost made me gag.

Their fries are still good though.

Re: Local Group Wants Ronald McDonald To Retire - N-Do - 04-01-2010

Yeah i just seen this on the news, made me lol, as well as shepard smith accidently saying bitch earlier.

but yeah mcdonalds is garbage, i dont really eat fast food anymore thanks to the link card i been eating better than ever, but when i do, its never mcdonalds. i have to agree their fries are still ok though