Board 6
Comcast goes and Buys NBC - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Comcast goes and Buys NBC (/showthread.php?tid=9703)

Comcast goes and Buys NBC - sTr - 12-03-2009

let this discussion begin... what do you think this means for NBC, Hulu, USA, Bravo, Syfy, E!, Versus, CNBC, MSNBC, Universal Pictures movie studio, Telemundo, Universal Studios parks, Focus Features and the 2012 Olympics.

my biggest fear in this whole thing was probably the reason that comcast wanted to buy NBC in the first place, that want stake in Hulu. Now they are the content and the content provider for tv and the internet. ! remember when XM and Sirius wanted to merge the government stalled it for 2 years, this is going right through. what are your guys thoughts?

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - Star - 12-03-2009

all those stations will suck now.

i hate comcast, and brighthouse for that matter - the big cable companies in general. i remember the bullshit comcast and brighthouse both used to pull when we had no choice but to go through them or go without - they'd make you sign up for aol to use their cable internet service, etc.

bravo is one of the few networks on t.v. i still like, but since they lost a couple shows i used to watch to other networks, they've slowly been getting shittier, so i can only imagine how much worse it'll be now.

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - Grimlin - 12-03-2009

As much as i hate Comcast....I have it. I have no choice in choosing....which fucking SUCKS! Either Comcast or satellite...and I don't trust satellite enough to change over yet.

But on the other hand I'm glad I got Comcast...Because I can't live without my Versus channel in the spring.I watch a lot of fishing shows on that channel.

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - sTr - 12-03-2009

they don't have wow in your area?

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - Grimlin - 12-03-2009

yeah,but Comcast pays a portion to the park...therefore WOW isn't allowed here. I've been trying to get WOW here but they keep telling me they can't come into the park.Should be against the law if you ask me....

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - sTr - 12-03-2009

ouch, what a bastard company, true it is better then sat... but that's ruthless...

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - Grimlin - 12-04-2009

Indeed it is....

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - Midgetfuxer - 12-05-2009

Yea I miss our WOW... it was like 60 a month for cable and internet now we pay almost double that!

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - Stoopid Dog - 12-29-2009

I steal my cable. :)

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - Paullehh - 12-29-2009

Stoopid Dog Wrote:I steal my cable. :)
Coz you a no money having muvafuka.

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - Stoopid Dog - 12-29-2009

No cause paying 60 bucks for 77 channels of nothing, is moronic.

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - sTr - 12-29-2009

cable is for fags, internet is all ! want/need....

Re: Comcast goes and Buys NBC - Paullehh - 12-29-2009

Cable internet.
Fibreoptic win.