Board 6
Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside (/showthread.php?tid=9586)

Pages: 1 2

Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - N-Do - 10-15-2009

Did anyone happen to catch this on the news? It landed like 45 mins ago and the kid (6 years old) wasn't actually inside but it was floating around for like 2 hours @ 2000-8000 ft. and the dad said he was inside so everyone was covering it.

FoxNews.com Wrote:DEVELOPING: A homemade balloon slowly descended in a Colorado field Thursday, but the fate of a 6-year-old boy believed to be inside was not known, authorities said.

The bizarre scene played out live on television and prompted fears that the flying saucer-shaped balloon would crash with the young child inside.

The child was identified as Falcon Heene, the son of a Colorado weather-chaser. The boy and his family first appeared on the ABC series "Wife Swap" on Oct. 3, 2008 and was then voted back for the 100th episode of the show, which aired on March 13, 2009.

Click here for photos.

Police in Colorado were performing a ground search for the boy.

Cathy Davis of the Larimer County Sheriff's Department told reporters the balloon was owned by the boy's parents and tethered behind the family's home. She said two sons were playing outside when the older boy saw the younger one go into a compartment at the bottom of the balloon and fly away.

"We'll just have to respond the best we can," Davis said. "This is a first and we'll do what we need to do."

She said the family was in contact with experts to provide details on the craft, including what it's made of and what might happen when it reaches the ground.

The Colorado Army National Guard sent an OH-58 Kiowa helicopter and was preparing to send a Black Hawk UH-60 to try to rescue the boy, possibly by lowering someone to the balloon. They also were working with pilots of ultralight aircraft on the possibility of putting weights on the homemade craft to weigh it down.

But the balloon landed on its own in a dirt field. Sheriff's deputies secured it to keep it in place, even tossing shovelfuls of dirt on one edge.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Eloise Campanella had said the device had the potential to rise to 10,000 feet

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Laura Brown said the agency tracked the balloon through reports from pilots and that air traffic control facilities in the region are aware of the situation.

On ABC's Web site used to promote their show portrays the family as thrill-seekers.

"When the Heene family aren't chasing storms, they devote their time to scientific experiments that include looking for extraterrestrials and building a research-gathering flying saucer to send into the eye of the storm," the Web site.

The Heene’s received criticism of their chaotic parenting style when Karen Martel of Connecticut entered the household as the new ‘wife.' Karen’s husband runs a child-proofing business and she knew a thing or two about safety.

According to a recap on TVRage.com, the 100th episode finds two families swapping with each other who are returning by a viewers vote.

"One mom believes she is psychic and can speak with the dead, plus has control over the weather. The other is a family of storm chasing science-enthusiasts. The kids in the families will face off in a table meeting"

Larimer County sheriff's spokeswoman Eloise Campanella said the device had the potential to rise to 10,000 feet. Sheriff's officials last saw the device floating south of Milliken, which is about 40 miles north of Denver. The craft was reportedly traveling at about 25 miles per hour.

The FAA cleared airspace near Denver International Airport.

"We were sitting eating, out looking where they normally shoot off hot air balloons. My husband said he saw something. It went over our rooftop. Then we saw the big round balloonish thing, it was spinning," said neighbor Lisa Eklund.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - sTr - 10-15-2009

! just read this, almost posted it, but it's big time on CNN... pretty crazy story... watch the kid be down the block cause he wandered off and they thought he was in the balloon...

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - N-Do - 10-15-2009

sTr Wrote:! just read this, almost posted it, but it's big time on CNN... pretty crazy story... watch the kid be down the block cause he wandered off and they thought he was in the balloon...
They were saying (while the balloon was still in the air) that he might be hiding cuz he accidently let the balloon loose and his dad was a storm/weather chaser so it was kind of one of his babies so he didnt wanna get his whoopin'

It flipped my wig when I turned on the TV and the headline was "6 YEAR OLD BOY BELIVED TO BE IN BALLOON" and they show a silver UFO looking thing floating around.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - sTr - 10-15-2009

here's a picture of the dumbass

[Image: 1015_wifeswap.jpg]

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Paullehh - 10-15-2009

[Image: traficante-albums-imagenes-picture393-je...christ.jpg]

bajaj, ! was right, they found him hiding in a box in their attic... in their house... bajaj....

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - juggalogigolo - 10-15-2009

the whole thing is fucking retarded, the baloon wasnt big enough, to have enough lift to get up i the air with a 6 year old inside it

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - N-Do - 10-15-2009

fred Wrote:the whole thing is fucking retarded, the baloon wasnt big enough, to have enough lift to get up i the air with a 6 year old inside it
it pulled mad ratings i bet and thats all that really matters.

sTr Wrote:bajaj, ! was right, they found him hiding in a box in their attic... in their house... bajaj....

I figured he was somewhere in/around his house.... I wonder if shenanigans should be called on the parents, dad mostly.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Alyzzia - 10-15-2009

They should have their kid taken away for not knowing where the hell a 6 year old was all that time, and they should give him to some poor couple that can't have kids or something.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Slacker - 10-16-2009

its all staged so you dont focus on the actual news

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Star - 10-16-2009

bajaj, actually today they're pretty much admitting it all was staged...they were on some show last night and the reporter asked the kid why he was in the attic, and he said something like, "we did it for the show" and the parents freaked out.

Quote: But in a later interview on CNN's "Larry King Live," Falcon said he heard his parents call for him from the garage. When asked by his father on air why he didn't respond, the boy replied, "You guys said we did this for the show."

When Richard Heene was pressed by fill-in host Wolf Blitzer to explain what his son meant, he became uncomfortable, finally saying he was "appalled" by the questions. He added that Falcon likely was referring to all the media coverage. Video Watch Heene respond to the question »

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/16/colorado.balloon.boy/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/16/colora ... index.html</a><!-- m -->

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Paullehh - 10-16-2009

Bajaj there should be a investigation and the family charged with wasting the time and made to pay the costs of all the emergency services and the cost of investigation Happy

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Grimlin - 10-16-2009

Paullehh Wrote:Bajaj there should be a investigation and the family charged with wasting the time and made to pay the costs of all the emergency services and the cost of investigation Happy

Yeah,an investigation needs to be done here.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Paullehh - 10-16-2009

Bajaj they filmed the baloon launch and the panic is such fake shit!!
Then what do they do???
THEY CALLED TV STATIONS!

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - N-Do - 10-16-2009

Yeah I kinda figured it was shenanigans... but that fake video is pretty funny though lol, but the news clip is so much better, he's like dumbfounded when they ask what he means about "doing it for the show" bajaj

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - evulninja - 10-16-2009

hahah.. people are fuckin retarded. that dude from americas most wanted who lost his son all them years ago should fuckin bitch slap that kids father.. if i were him i would.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - sTr - 10-16-2009

it's a hoax, once ! seen this ! knew it was bs for sure...

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - N-Do - 10-16-2009

ForSure. But the real question is, Why?

N-Do Wrote:ForSure. But the real question is, Why?

^ bajaj ^ - But they already were on Wife Swap or whatever, are they really that thirsty for it?

N-Do Wrote:^ bajaj ^ - But they already were on Wife Swap or whatever, are they really that thirsty for it?
Yes

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Toxic Love - 10-17-2009

What I don't get is... when they did a search for the boy initially, what kept them from looking in the attic? Did the cops just rule out searching the house since the dad swore the kid was in the balloon? I don't get it.

And bajaj @ the kid puking on TV twice this morning.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - N-Do - 10-17-2009

Toxic Love Wrote:What I don't get is... when they did a search for the boy initially, what kept them from looking in the attic? Did the cops just rule out searching the house since the dad swore the kid was in the balloon? I don't get it.

And bajaj @ the kid puking on TV twice this morning.

Actually I'm pretty sure the cops did search the house, a few times at that. I dont know how the house setup is but maybe they didnt even notice or think about the attic.

But I hear the dads supposed to be making a statement today at like 11 central, cuz I belive they are talking about prosecuting him/them

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Paullehh - 10-17-2009

best stash spot..The lightshade!
Get a lightshade you can stash shit in and hang it on the ceiling over the builb..cops never look at that shit.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - N-Do - 10-17-2009

^ never really thought of that

CBS/AP Wrote:The father at the center of the "Balloon Boy" controversy reiterated this morning that the reported disappearance of his 6-year-old son aboard a helium balloon in the skies over Colorado was not a hoax.

A crowd of reporters and others gathered in front of the Heene family's house in Fort Collins, after Richard Heene promised to make a "big announcement" at 10 a.m. Mountain time. But the announcement did not materialize.

When Heene appeared, he instead simply displayed a box into which he invited the media to submit questions, to be answered this evening.

Richard Heene has dismissed allegations of a hoax as "extremely pathetic." Yet doubts surfaced after a CNN interview in which Falcon Heene told his parents "you said we did this for a show" after his father asked why he did not come down from his hiding place during a search of the house Thursday.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Grimlin - 10-17-2009

Father's full of shit.....Hope he's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame....fucking asshole.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Paullehh - 10-17-2009

He should be made a example off....

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - sTr - 10-18-2009

they say they have proof that it is indeed a hoax now, bajaj... dumb-asses, have fun loosing your kids...

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - N-Do - 10-22-2009

Balloon Boy Halloween Costumes :

http://www.microflight.com/Balloon-Boy-Halloween-Costume-Kit

http://balloonboycostumes.com/

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - sTr - 10-22-2009

bajaj, marketing at it's finest...

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Toxic Love - 10-23-2009

So...

they were on Wife Swap twice, and they were supposed to be a part of another proposed TV show based around science-y stuff, but it fell through. The husband has complete control over the wife to where she doesn't say or do much of anything... just shuts up and does what he says. There were a couple instances of fighting, one time in which the cops were called. The kids at least once pissed on one of their neighbor's driveway.

They are now being charged for the whole bullshit, and if follows through, will be ordered to pay restitution for the entire search. Awesome.

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - N-Do - 10-23-2009

Toxic Love Wrote:The kids at least once pissed on one of their neighbor's driveway.

Bajaj what does that have to do with anything?

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - Grimlin - 10-23-2009

N-Do Wrote:
Toxic Love Wrote:The kids at least once pissed on one of their neighbor's driveway.

The kids are brats? Not surprising they pulled this?

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - N-Do - 10-23-2009

Grimlin Wrote:
N-Do Wrote:

The kids are brats? Not surprising they pulled this?

I doubt it was the kids idea to do the whole thing, and if they really wanted to be brats they would be totally in on the whole thing and the kid never would have said "its for the show" or whatever

All I'm saying is pissing in a driveway isnt that bad, I still do it to my neighbors when I'm drunk and bored bajaj

Re: Balloon Believed to Be Carrying Boy Lands, Boy Not Inside - sTr - 10-23-2009

!'d blame it on the crackpot dad and the flaky half-retarded looking wife... and the kids, yeah, they are fuck-ups and shit-heads, and their life is pretty much null and void, but that's all because their parents are boners...