Board 6
You know what sucks? - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: You know what sucks? (/showthread.php?tid=9412)

You know what sucks? - Toxic Love - 09-19-2009

So I've been online for the past 4 hours putting in job applications for a second job... just something part-time that will help for the shitloads of things I have going on in October... plus Christmas gifts. Now it's fucking 5am and I can't go to sleep because I have some serious acid reflux and I feel like I'm going to puke.

Now? Really? And I'm working a double later today so I can't call out of work. Total FML moment. :(

Re: You know what sucks? - N-Do - 09-19-2009

Sorry to hear that.... what kinda job are you best qualified for?

Re: You know what sucks? - Grimlin - 09-19-2009

Acid reflux suffer as well...I feel your pain.

I can't seem to stop eating the crap I'm not suppose to......This shit is going to kill me before my tobacco will.

Re: You know what sucks? - Enigma - 09-19-2009

i haven't suffered from acid reflux since pregnancy.

Re: You know what sucks? - sTr - 09-21-2009

well maybe you should...

Re: You know what sucks? - Enigma - 09-21-2009

no thanks. i'm good without.

Re: You know what sucks? - tdot - 09-21-2009

i got wicked bad acid reflux not to mention ulcers

ugh fucking suucks

Re: You know what sucks? - Toxic Love - 09-22-2009

I'm supposed to take Nexium EVERY DAY. Okay... fuck that. Not only is that shit expensive because there is no generic, but I refuse to rely on a pill every single day for the rest of my life. I don't even drink anything that acidic. I mostly stick to iced tea or water.

As far as jobs... I have a good job right now. I just need like a second job to help with bills. I'm trying to pay off my credit cards as fast as possible so I can get more credit available for when I'd like to go back to school. I also want to kill off some of my educational loans (although that is going to take 7 years with what I pay now). I was thinking a stupid ass retail job just so I'd at least get a good discount for Christmas shopping.

Re: You know what sucks? - Star - 09-22-2009

Look up what pill the drug manufacturer released before Nexium. With each medication molecule, there is the active ingredient, and then it's inactive, mirrored counterpart. Usually the mirrored counterpart is inactive, or sometimes it can even have negative effects. What happens a lot of times, though, is the drug company will release the drug with both, and then right before the patent runs out on the brand name, they will refine the drug, removing the inactive molecule, call it a new name, and get another brand name patent. Pristiq (an antidepressant) is just Effexor (the original brand name) without the inactive drug. So if you can maybe find what the company released for acid reflux before Nexium (if the released anything), you'll probably find that the drug still exists, and has a generic.

Re: You know what sucks? - Toxic Love - 09-22-2009

Wow good thinking!

Re: You know what sucks? - CranialEntropy - 09-22-2009

Star Wrote:Look up what pill the drug manufacturer released before Nexium. With each medication molecule, there is the active ingredient, and then it's inactive, mirrored counterpart. Usually the mirrored counterpart is inactive, or sometimes it can even have negative effects. What happens a lot of times, though, is the drug company will release the drug with both, and then right before the patent runs out on the brand name, they will refine the drug, removing the inactive molecule, call it a new name, and get another brand name patent. Pristiq (an antidepressant) is just Effexor (the original brand name) without the inactive drug. So if you can maybe find what the company released for acid reflux before Nexium (if the released anything), you'll probably find that the drug still exists, and has a generic.

Um, I'm pretty sure you have to specify chirality when filing a patent. Seeing as sometimes the enantiomer is incredibly harmful to one's health.

Re: You know what sucks? - Grimlin - 09-22-2009

Toxic love,becareful of that Nexium. Your Doctor should know you can only take it for a limited amount of time. Why? Because it can totally mess with your acid your body needs.Resulting in you getting even sicker. I'm not allowed to take it anymore as it will be more fatal for me now.

Stay away from Ice Tea....not good for you...lol. I also found out Mint gum or anything minty also has a high amount of acid in it. I used to chew mint gum as well.I didn't know that until i walked in one day for a check up and the Doctor told me "oh,don't be chewing mint gum,use fruit gum instead."

If i can find that chart with know which ones to stay away from I'll send it to you.

I take 2 Prilosec OTC in the morning.I stop when I stay on my diet,but if i veer off it...Prilosec helps stop it before it gets bad.If i take Zantac,it will cancel out the prilosec...so Star is absolutely correct.

My problem is i can't stay away from the crappy food and drinks no matter how hard i try....

Re: You know what sucks? - Toxic Love - 09-23-2009

Grimlin Wrote:Toxic love,becareful of that Nexium. Your Doctor should know you can only take it for a limited amount of time. Why? Because it can totally mess with your acid your body needs.Resulting in you getting even sicker. I'm not allowed to take it anymore as it will be more fatal for me now.

Stay away from Ice Tea....not good for you...lol. I also found out Mint gum or anything minty also has a high amount of acid in it. I used to chew mint gum as well.I didn't know that until i walked in one day for a check up and the Doctor told me "oh,don't be chewing mint gum,use fruit gum instead."

If i can find that chart with know which ones to stay away from I'll send it to you.

I take 2 Prilosec OTC in the morning.I stop when I stay on my diet,but if i veer off it...Prilosec helps stop it before it gets bad.If i take Zantac,it will cancel out the prilosec...so Star is absolutely correct.

My problem is i can't stay away from the crappy food and drinks no matter how hard i try....
All I really drink is iced tea, but it's brewed tea... not that sugary shit that's pre-made or in a powdered mix. I get tea bags and brew them cold. It's delicious. :) I also don't chew mint gum... just bubblegum or fruity gum.

My doctor (and I mean the 3 I went through in the past 5 years) all told me Nexium would be a permanent thing. Now my dad was given it as well! I swear, they try to put that pill off as the fix to all of your indigestion problems.