Board 6
Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow (/showthread.php?tid=9350)

Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - sTr - 09-08-2009

[Image: 500x_articlemon.jpg]

Google and Hasbro are launching a worldwide game of Monopoly using Google Maps as the board. It's called Monopoly City Streets.

Each player starts with $3 million. They can buy any street in the world to erect houses, stadiums and even skyscapers allowing them to collect more and more daily rent (ranging from $50,000 to $100 million per property). The goal? "Play to beat your friends and the world to become the richest property magnate in existence."

Streets will vary in cost, of course, with the White House's Pennsylvania Ave. listed at $2 million, while Downing Street (London's home to the senior British cabinet) goes for just $231,000. (America, fuck yeah.)

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Grimlin - 09-08-2009

Link?

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - sTr - 09-08-2009

word, that might be useful... http://www.monopolycitystreets.com/

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Grimlin - 09-08-2009

You going to play? I wonder if we can get just a B6 group set up?

I might play now...I used to love monopoly.

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - CranialEntropy - 09-08-2009

Get on top those orange and reds, son

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - sTr - 09-08-2009

!'m gonna hit it up when !'m at home.... tomorrow at least

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Grimlin - 09-09-2009

Too many people playing...I can't even get into the site.

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Ms Felony - 09-10-2009

Word, they shouldve forseen this and got their stuff sorted before the launch, they FAIL big time.

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Grimlin - 09-10-2009

They fucked up,the servers are still down...lol

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Ms Felony - 09-10-2009

bought 3 streets already but its slow as hell

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - sTr - 09-11-2009

! might try this in a bit, hopefully it's a bit let kinked, or at least a bit more kinky...

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Ms Felony - 09-11-2009

all of the good streets are gone

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - sTr - 09-11-2009

oh, ! see.. it was just one big game... that's kinda the balls

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Ms Felony - 09-11-2009

word, its not that good, by some streets, then add some property to get money and buy more streets and property

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - sTr - 09-12-2009

just bought my street and bought a house where ! live, ! feel special now...

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Ms Felony - 09-17-2009

Feel special when they reset the game....ooops, they already did.

Can't say it suprised me, major cheating going on in game, I saw one person that had 600,000,000 and in one hour accumulate 1800,000,000.
And the fact that when you got a bonus to stop people putting hazards on your street, they were allowed to take out the bonus and guess what, put a hazard on your street so you earn nothing while its there.

So no real point to the bonus buildings then, basically another fucked up game....

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - N-Do - 09-17-2009

So how is the overall gameplay (besides the slowness)... will it be worth playing in your guys' opinion when it starts back up?

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - sTr - 09-17-2009

not slow for me, pretty much you buy streets and add property to it, nit sure how the shit works because ! haven't logged in since ! set it up the first day, not quite sure how you get cash back...

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Grimlin - 09-17-2009

agagaga...they deleted and are restarting the whole thing over.Sucks to be those guys who already had everything building up. I had nothing....damn thing wouldn't even work for me.

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - Ms Felony - 09-17-2009

sTr, you get rent on the streets you buy, when you add propery to your streets the rent increases

and hopefully they will iron out the stupid bonus building bug.

Re: Google Maps' Giant Game of Monopoly Begins Tomorrow - sTr - 09-17-2009

hot dog...