Board 6
Interesting Sinks - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Interesting Sinks (/showthread.php?tid=9338)

Interesting Sinks - Paullehh - 09-06-2009

1. Aquarium sink

[Image: 15a96808_a505_acquarium_.jpg]
Fish tanks are usually made from transparent material, glass is an example, and so it is a good innovative element which could be integrate into other furniture. The Moody Aquarium Sink comes with a sand bed and built-in lighting and filtration to keep your fish happy and healthy. Absolutely, you will happy and healthy too. The Price? $4700.

2. Follo me sink

[Image: 60a96808_a505_follo_bath.jpg]
This sink features no visible pipes, self draining surface. The linear design aspect contains both a visual and physical function. Designed by Will MacCormac, the curve of this sink is very slight which can reduce splashing effectively, and the slots are used to guide water into the hole.

3. Erosion sink

[Image: 25a96808_a505_erosion_si.jpg]
Gore Design Co. specializes in designing and creating eco-friendly concrete products using a proprietary blend of reclaimed materials and industrial byproducts they call "Recycrete." The "Erosion Sink," pictured above, has a organic design clearly inspired by what happens when water runs its natural course, and it would make quite a statement in a residence or business.

4. Abisko sink

[Image: 24a96808_a505_abisko.jpg]
Forget filling up the sink with water — this Abisko Washbasin from Eumar is more water flume than sink. Turn on the faucet, and the water flows all the way down its undulating shape, ending up draining through a strategically placed grate. There's also a version that turns the mini-river you create into a waterfall. We'd like to see something in between, turning your wastewater into whitewater rapids. No pricing info was available, but this is cool enough to sacrifice a bit of money down the drain.

5. Sexy sink

[Image: 69a96808_a505_sexy_sink.jpg]
In this sink each piece was clearly individually sculpted and the surrounding decor suggests an elegant setting – so really, it may have been a bold move to include such sexy (or at least scandalous) bathroom sinks in whatever location this may be.

6.Pipeless sink

[Image: 44a96808_a505_pipeless_s.jpg]
Although you may think that this is only a decoration, I will tell you that it is a real sink. Traditional drain pipes are usually visible under the basins. But in this innovative design, the water flows along the slot of the front of the basin and back into the wall connection, so you won't see any drain pipe.

7.Spiral Sink

[Image: 47a96808_a505_spiral_sin.jpg]
Water follows the coriolis effect and spirals into the drain on its own – this clever sink design just helps it along and accentuates the process in a dynamic and elegant way. Shaped like the imprint of the shell, the curves of this sleek sink are at once organic and clearly the product of design. The splash patterns while the water is flowing and after it is turned off become a part of the design, ever-changing with the speed and duration of the flow. All in all, this sink could itself be the centerpiece of an interior design rather than an afterthought as so many wash basin designs are.

8.Mystic flowing sink

[Image: 57a96808_a505_mysthic_si.jpg]
Take a look at the Mystic flowing sink by Elkay! It's like a babbling brook flowing through your kitchen. Who wouldn't love this? Who cares that it might be a little bit of extra trouble to clean? It's great to see innovative goods for the home, designs that have never been attempted before. But then, that makes them expensive.

9. Premium unit sink

[Image: 42a96808_a505_premium_un.jpg]
Artist Tetsuya Nakamura's Premium Unit Series of curvaceous, luxury bathroom fixtures — a tub, a pair of sinks, a step designed for insertion into a stairwell, and a decorative column — are sculpted from fiber-reinforced plastic and painted with colorful, fluid patterns meant to evoke a sense of speed. The sink costs over $ 8,000.

10. Zen garden sink

[Image: 66a96808_a505_zen_sink.jpg]
This eco-friendly sink uses the wasted water to grow you a little garden.

11. Squish flexible rubber sink

[Image: 30a96808_a505_squish.jpg]
The Squish rubber sink is made from a silicone rubber allowing the sides to be flexible. They can be 'rolled' up or down to change the depth of the basin. This sink not only brings more fun and interactivity into the bathroom but it provides for a safer environment for kids and adults alike by not having any hard edges or corners. It is easily cleaned as silicone is virtually inert and very little sticks to it.

12. Combo sink+toilet

[Image: 94a96808_a505_combo.jpg]
Profile™ is the first of its kind to feature a unique, dual-flush push button and spout arrangement that saves the water normally used when hands are washed in a separate basin. The flush cycle activation controls the flow of fresh water through the basin spout, allowing time for thorough hand washing before the same water fills the cistern tank. Award-winning Smartflush® technology is also built-in for ultra low 4.5/3L flushing.

13. Heart shaped sink

[Image: 74a96808_a505_heart_sink.jpg]
They do say the way to the heart is through the kitchen, so might as well make sure your kitchen expresses your loving tendencies from cooking to clean-up. Imagine, four hands under running water, framed in the shape of the stainless still heart below. The EDDA love sink is the perfect gesture to let your loved one know you're still thinking of them, even after the meal is over.

14. Pebble sink

[Image: 26a96808_a505_pebble_sin.jpg]
This sink is made of pebbles bound together within a transparent resin. Therefore, the pebbled surface is smooth and easy to clean.

15. Iluminated sink

[Image: 20a96808_a505_iluminated.jpg]
Have you ever gotten up in the middle of the night and can't see a thing? I'm not much of a night light kind of person, but this is a very cool and modern twist on the bathroom night light. For $250 you too can have this ultra hip Illuminated Sink from Generate

Re: Interesting Sinks - sTr - 09-06-2009

my two favs are the aquarium one and the butt sex one...

Re: Interesting Sinks - Slacker - 09-06-2009

[Image: 47a96808_a505_spiral_sin.jpg]

this is totally Tim Burton's sink

Re: Interesting Sinks - Paullehh - 09-06-2009

Some of those sinks are really awsome.
Never though i would see a sink and be like "omg i want one"

Re: Interesting Sinks - fghtffyrdmns - 09-07-2009

It amazes me that people really put this much effort into...sinks.
It's a sink! A simple porcelain basin with running water will do.
I could never sit there and willingly drop $8000 on that crap.
But, I definitely love the bitches bending over, :3

Re: Interesting Sinks - sTr - 09-07-2009

! Would like a toilet in the butt sex model

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

Re: Interesting Sinks - Grimlin - 09-07-2009

Paullehh Wrote:Some of those sinks are really awsome.
Never though i would see a sink and be like "omg i want one"

For real.......I want one of those Aquarium sinks bad.

Re: Interesting Sinks - Slacker - 09-07-2009

[Image: vladimir-fridman-waterfall-sink.jpg]

Re: Interesting Sinks - fghtffyrdmns - 09-07-2009

[Image: public-sink.jpg]
more bitches.

Re: Interesting Sinks - Paullehh - 09-07-2009

Sinks have never been as awsome as they are now Happy

[Image: rtjq5y.jpg]

Re: Interesting Sinks - sTr - 09-09-2009

Martini Sink FTW
[Image: elkay-mystic-martini-sink-undermount.jpg]

the removable sink is pretty snazzy as well...

[Image: hughie-removable-kitchen-sink-1.jpg]

[Image: hughie-removable-kitchen-sink-4.jpg]

[Image: hughie-removable-kitchen-sink-3.jpg]

Re: Interesting Sinks - N-Do - 09-09-2009

Paullehh Wrote:Sinks have never been as awsome as they are now Happy

[Image: rtjq5y.jpg]

Thats the only one ive seen in person... but damn theres some nice sinks out now.

Re: Interesting Sinks - XxSweetBitchAssxX - 09-09-2009

Hahaha that aquarium one is so bad ass. They make toilets like that too, I think.
I was at this lawyer's house one time and he had some crazy ass sink, I couldn't figure out how t turn it off or on, it had all thse crazy sensors in hidden places, lol

Re: Interesting Sinks - Enigma - 09-15-2009

i'd totally love to have the buttsex one. but it would be awkward explaining to my kid.

Re: Interesting Sinks - sTr - 09-21-2009

eh, kids love butt sex

Re: Interesting Sinks - N-Do - 09-21-2009

[Image: zaa20313.jpg]

[Image: aab06638.jpg]

Kohler also makes a new faucet that turns on/off by touching it, so that you can touch it with the side of your arm, hand, whatever so that you dont have to re-touch the handels that you got whatever it was you wanted to wash off of them on.