Board 6
New whip. :) - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: New whip. :) (/showthread.php?tid=9334)

Pages: 1 2 3

New whip. :) - Toxic Love - 09-06-2009

[Image: l_871e87c2077e4a28bdae6210ed915fd5.jpg]

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L

Got a damn good deal, got my Tiburon paid off, and they are ordering certain things I want on the car (since I made the deal at like 9pm and they couldn't detail my car that late). I also have a fabulous warranty. :)

And for those who wanted me to get the Camaro...

the v6 drives and sounds like shit, you have the WHOLE CAR as a blind spot, AND GM gave permission to Chevy to mark up the Camaros $5,000 FROM STICKER. So the price that is on the sticker is really not the price. They had $5,000 at signing (not including your taxes, fees, and MVC registration charges). Bullshittttttttt. Not to mention, their warranty isn't very great. I wasn't about to spend $47,000 on an SS, or even $37,000 on a LT1.

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-06-2009

nice ride....

Re: New whip. :) - Slacker - 09-07-2009

sexaaaaaaaay

nice car too

[Image: playa-1.gif]

Re: New whip. :) - Toxic Love - 09-08-2009

;)

Thanks though!

Re: New whip. :) - XIII - 09-08-2009

It looks kinda goofy. I don't like these new body styles they've been veering towards.

I hear Hyundai does have a really good warranty... but, is the quality of vehicle very good? Why do they need such an outstanding warranty?

Can't be that good.... in the time I've known you, I think this is your third one. 3 cars in 10 years? I dunno....

Re: New whip. :) - Paullehh - 09-08-2009

XIII Wrote:It looks kinda goofy. I don't like these new body styles they've been veering towards.

I hear Hyundai does have a really good warranty... but, is the quality of vehicle very good? Why do they need such an outstanding warranty?

Can't be that good.... in the time I've known you, I think this is your third one. 3 cars in 10 years? I dunno....

Manufacturers offer longer warranty if they are confident enough with the product that they won't need to honor it which would hit at there profits.

Unlike when microsoft done it because the whole world was reporting broken xbox 360s and needed reassurance to buy.

Re: New whip. :) - XxSweetBitchAssxX - 09-08-2009

I have to say that Kelly hasn't gotten 3 different Hyundai's in 10 years because there was anything wrong with the car's performance. It's a preference, and something she has been able to work hard to do. Her last Tiburon was in tip top shape, both performance and physical appearance-wise. She just wanted to newer car, not because of a defect.
I'm sure she'll tell you that. She's got a real love/appreciation of cars, her whole fam does, heh.

I appreciate cars too, I love working on them, driving them, etc.

But I know someone with a Santa Fe, and that thing's kinda shitty. I was just wondering if the whole line sucked, or maybe just their SUVs, or maybe his was a lemon or what.

I looked up the specs, and honestly for the price, the performance isn't very impressive.

I don't mean this in a derogatory way, or anything... it's just for nearly $40k, you could definitely have gotten something else. So, I wonder... why this?

Wait, nevermind. I misread her post. It wasn't $40k for the Genesis, that was for the Camaro. I looked it up, and it's like, $20-30k.

That's much better.

Re: New whip. :) - Grimlin - 09-08-2009

Nice car!

I rather get a Ford or Chevy though.Ford has greatly improved over the years,Chevrolet hasn't which is why they went down hill.

I was watching on TV GM plants closing up..."last day" documentaries on TV and i have to say that shit hit home with me.I got a little teary eye over watching that.Simply because I'm in the same situation.

Re: New whip. :) - CranialEntropy - 09-08-2009

Am I the only one who opened this expecting to see an S&M type whip?

I got to get my mind out of the gutter...

Re: New whip. :) - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 09-08-2009

The genesis is an amazing vehicle. Well out of my price range, but still, I believe the cheapest 300+hp car on the market. Hundai fucking rules. I am shocked by the high quality of the car they virtually gave to me on a cash for clunkers trade in. I got the bottom of the line hundai accent, but with a/c, xm radio and a few extras. I got $4,500 for my bucket ass '85 Ranger with no AC, plus a fat fuckin rebate from the dealer. Basically I'll be getting a brand new car for just over 4,000 bucks.
In general Hundais have very good reliability as well as an outstanding warranty. Gotta hand it to the Koreans.

Re: New whip. :) - XxSweetBitchAssxX - 09-09-2009

Word em Alex. Shoulda got a Hyundai instead of my Kia, but whatever, I like my car. I have a 2006 Kia Spectra that I bought new, but that jawn has like almost 60,000 miles on it already from school and driving back and forth from TN to PA. Eventually in a couple years, I'll trade in for something else (probably German, they are my favorite engineers). But we have three vehicles for two of us anyways, a 1997 Ford F150 and a 2004 Mustang GT Anniversary Edition, so we should be good.
The mustang is bad ass though, purrs like a kitten inside but roars outside like a tank because it has straight pipe and no mufflers, lol.

Re: New whip. :) - XIII - 09-09-2009

XxSweetBitchAssxX Wrote:Eventually in a couple years, I'll trade in for something else (probably German, they are my favorite engineers).
WORD. I had a BMW for a few years, but sold it cuz it was becoming too expensive (premium gas/$1k routine maintenance fee), and I got a VW. Germans by far make the best cars.

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-09-2009

XIII Wrote:Germans by far make the best cars.

yes, but not all german cars are good, a lot are bullshit too....

sTr Wrote:

For example.....

Re: New whip. :) - Paullehh - 09-09-2009

XIII Wrote:
sTr Wrote:

For example.....
Volkswagan
Lada
Aren't most American cars Automatic and decidedly crap?

[Image: mercedes-logo.gif]
these guys for the most part

Lada is Russian, and VWs are the best cars in their price range, in every price range.

I'll agree that M-B has gone down the shitter, though.

Most Volksawagan cars are boring crappy things.

Paullehh Wrote:Most Volksawagan cars are boring crappy things.
Eh, you're most likely just saying this cuz I said I have a Volkswagen, and you want to argue.

So, I'll just leave you with that. Especially since you've given nothing to back it up. "boring crappy things." You should work for an auto magazine.

I never knew you had a Volkswagen car..
It's just there is nothing great about them there just so average as to be boring.

Though i like the beetle just for it looking funny.

! want an old karman ghia, those things were bad ass....

Word @ BMW, that's what I'd want eventually, but that's for when I'm a little older and more financially secure. Like you said, expensive maintenance. Volkswagon is probably what I'll get next, one of those Jetta TDI's. My brother has a Jetta and he loves it, and my brother in law has a Diesel Jetta and he loves it too. I think they rock.

Re: New whip. :) - Grimlin - 09-09-2009

Volkswagen are actually one of the few cars that can hold their value for some reason.

Grimlin Wrote:

Volkswagen are actually one of the few cars that can hold their value for some reason.
That's because they weigh several tons for scrap metal ;)

Paullehh Wrote:
Grimlin Wrote:

No, it's because any one that gives them regular oil changes and routine maintenance can go over 1M miles. They hold their own. Just because you think they're "boring," it doesn't mean they're bad cars. What makes a car "fun"? You like LED lights all over them?

XIII Wrote:
Paullehh Wrote:
Grimlin Wrote:

No, it's because any one that gives them regular oil changes and routine maintenance can go over 1M miles. They hold their own. Just because you think they're "boring," it doesn't mean they're bad cars. What makes a car "fun"? You like LED lights all over them?
That time i was just yanking your chain.
It's not that they are bad cars really it's more like ...

"hey i got a new car"
"Awsome man that's sweet, what kind of car?"
"volkswagen"
"oh.."

You're spoiled living in the UK. Over here, it's like...
"I got a new car!"
"What did you get?"
"A Chevy"
"Oh...."

"I got a new car!"
"What did you get?"
"A VW"
"Cool!"

Here's something for you to ponder. German cars have STANDARD heated seats since 2005, I believe.

In America, that shit costs like, an extra grand.

That's not all... there's a lot of standard stuff in German cars that are like... "luxury" in America.

To get a Cobalt with all the stuff a Rabbit has, you'd end up paying like, and extra $5k.

I can see your point, American cars are a bit of a miss over here too though.

Re: New whip. :) - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 09-09-2009

VW's are fine cars. I learned to drive in Gretta the Jetta, an awesome '87 wolfsburg. They are massively over-priced compared to asian competition though, as German workers are unionized and the asian car makers use Alabama hillbilles to build theirs for the American market.
And yes, Paullehh, most Americans drive automatics, which is a travesty and an embarassment to us as a nation. It has to do with the weakness of our people and our lack of understanding of virtue.

I don't see what the big deal about driving a stick is. I can do it, but I'd rather not, seeing as how I spend 90% of my driving in 1st/2nd gear stuck in traffic. I'd much rather have a seat and endure than have to worry about what gear I'm in.

Re: New whip. :) - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 09-09-2009

XIII Wrote:I don't see what the big deal about driving a stick is. I can do it, but I'd rather not, seeing as how I spend 90% of my driving in 1st/2nd gear stuck in traffic. I'd much rather have a seat and endure than have to worry about what gear I'm in.
Superior performance. Superior power, superior gas mileage, superior control of the vehicle. The last being the most important. And the act of shifting itself is all but completely subconscious in a proper driver. It is merely a physical awareness of how to make the car behave properly that doesn't have to be thought about so much as felt.
It's to each his own, I suppose. And it depends on whether you want driving to be insofar as possible an active or passive activity. To me it just feels weird as shit to just push the gas and turn the wheel without controling the transmission.

I was going to point out some of the same things. Manual transmissions are more efficient, both gas wise and performance wise. Cars with manual transmissions last longer than automatics and need less maintenance generally. It does depend on the driver and whether or not they're GOOD at driving stick, but you get the point.

Automatic cars are for disabled people IMO.