Board 6
Joe Camel vs. Marlboro Man - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Joe Camel vs. Marlboro Man (/showthread.php?tid=9276)

Joe Camel vs. Marlboro Man - sTr - 08-27-2009

Smoke em if you got em' kiddies! Do you dream of living a life of adventure, out on the great planes like a wild cowboy? The Marlboro Man can hook you up! Would you rather be a smooth talking, pool playing ladies man, well Camel Joe is your man, err.. Camel.

The Marlboro Man

[Image: marlboro-cowboy.jpg]
The Marlboro Man was a quiet man. Some said he was stern, stern but fair. If you're ever looking for a mans man, then this guy was it. Riding horses, banging whores, killing baby animals with a lasso and all while smoking a hearty Marlboro cigarette. When the wind blows, he fucks it, and again enjoys the genuine taste of a Marlboro. Can he sway you to light up, if he can't who can?

Wikipedia Wrote:Origin:
Philip Morris & Co. had originally introduced the Marlboro brand as a woman's cigarette in 1924. In the years following World War II, Advertising executive Leo Burnett was looking for a new image with which to reinvent Philip Morris's Marlboro brand. Burnett's inspiration for the exceedingly masculine "Marlboro Man" icon came in 1949 from an issue of LIFE magazine, where the photograph and story of Texas cowboy Clarence Hailey Long caught his attention.
There are also claims that the original idea for the Marlboro Man came from the Chase Ranch in Cimarron, New Mexico; it is said that, for this reason, on all pictures of 'The Man' there is a heart brand (The Chase Brand) on his chaps and his horse. The origin and validity of this claim is from Philmont Scout Ranch, also located in Cimmaron, New Mexico.

Joe Camel
[Image: joe_camel.gif]
Good question with an equally good answer. Camel Joe, big man on campus. Main rival to said “Marlboro Man”. Joe is a smooth guy, he says “You can be the Marlboro Man, because I smoke Camels. Any ladies wanna groove”. See, he's a slick fella there, he's nice to the kids, appealing to all ages, and good fine quality cigarettes for everyone.

Wikipedia Wrote:Origin:
Joe Camel was actually born in Europe. The caricatured camel was created in 1974 by a British artist, Billy Coulton, for a French advertising campaign that subsequently ran in other countries in the 1970s. Indeed, Mr. O'Toole recalled a visit to France many years ago during which he glimpsed Joe Camel wearing a Foreign Legion cap. The inspiration behind Mr. Price's cartoon was the camel, named Old Joe, that has appeared on all Camel packages since the brand's initial appearance in 1913.

Re: Joe Camel vs. Marlboro Man - N-Do - 08-29-2009

R.I.P. joe camel

Re: Joe Camel vs. Marlboro Man - Grimlin - 09-01-2009

Camel is just nasty tasting..... Marlboro is much,much better tasting.

While the Camel dude is one cool dude,Marlboro will kick his ass and take his women.You know how those cowboys are....

Re: Joe Camel vs. Marlboro Man - fghtffyrdmns - 09-07-2009

I prefer Camels, they taste better to me.

Re: Joe Camel vs. Marlboro Man - N-Do - 09-09-2009

I thought this topic was about the Mascot's more then the ciggerettes.... but I duno I'm confussed....

Joe > Man
Marlboro > Camel (MOST of the time)

Re: Joe Camel vs. Marlboro Man - sTr - 09-11-2009

In war there are no rules....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]