Board 6
Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles (/showthread.php?tid=9146)

Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles - Insanecowposse - 08-14-2009

"I've done some terrible things, I made a horrible mistake. And now I want to be part of the solution and not the problem," Vick said Friday, referring to his conviction for his role in running a dogfighting ring.

Vick was introduced by the Eagles a day after signing a one-year deal for $1.6 million with a team option for a second year for $5.2 million. None of the money is guaranteed, so the Eagles face no financial risk if Vick does not make the team.

Vick, dressed in a gray pinstriped suit, was flanked by Eagles coach Andy Reid and mentor Tony Dungy.

"I really got the sense he wanted to do some great things," Dungy said. "He wanted to be a positive role model for young people. He wanted to get back to his family."

Vick has been out of action since 2006. The former Atlanta Falcons star served 18 months of a 23-month sentence in federal prison.

He also was suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

"For the life of me, I can't understand why I was involved in such pointless activity," Vick said. "Why did I risk so much at the pinnacle of my career?"

Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles - sTr - 08-14-2009

hot dog, but ! knew nobody would care about other sections...

Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles - Insanecowposse - 08-14-2009

yeah maybe if he was fighting rodney king or if his dogs were fighting canseco

Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles - XIII - 08-14-2009

Honestly, to deny him would be to say that you don't trust in our penal system. And in that case, why have it at all? Why not just kill all criminals, ya know? If you don't think they can be reintroduced to society?

Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles - Joe - 08-14-2009

GO VICK

AND DOG FIGHTING

Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles - Grant - 08-15-2009

This def should be in the sports section.

any ways Vick was ok but he is learning from his past

Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles - sTr - 08-15-2009

! move all these topics after they get to second page, might as well let them collect posts...

Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles - XIII - 08-15-2009

sTr Wrote:! move all these topics after they get to second page, might as well let them collect posts...
That's a really good idea. Make the other forums more like an archive rather than someplace else to go to post.

it's hard to tell if you're being serious or sarcastic.

Re: Michael Vick signs 2 year deal with Eagles - XIII - 08-15-2009

sTr Wrote:it's hard to tell if you're being serious or sarcastic.
I'm serious. I used to hate on forums when I'd see some like, breaking news and be like, "You guys, Steve Irwin died!" and they'd be like, "Oh wow, this belongs in the Television section under the subcategory Celebrities in the Entertainment forums."

oh word, yeah fuck that, people will always mainly post in general, but it makes it easy to sift through later...