Board 6
This is a total FML moment. - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: This is a total FML moment. (/showthread.php?tid=8949)

This is a total FML moment. - Toxic Love - 08-01-2009

They are doing construction on a local road... which I didn't know considering I was in Colorado for the past 8 days. "Uneven pavement"... okay. Shitty circumstances on a poorly lit road. My high beams are on... and WOMP. SSSSSSSSSSS. Awesome. Blew out my front passenger's side tire after I just got new tires in April. There is also a creaking noise and my alignment is fucked. I just got the alignment done right after the tires were put on.

I'm just annoyed because I've been shopping through dealerships for the car I want and nobody has it. It's a waiting game at this point and then THIS happens. I don't WANT to spend money on this bullshit since I'm READY FOR A NEW FUCKING CAR. My car's only an 06 but still. I just fucking spent money on this and now again... on the SAME shit?

Problem is... I don't know if my whole wheel is fucked, if I just need to replace the tire, or if it's a simple patch-up job since it's fucking 2am.

*sigh* Welcome back from vacation.

Just had to bitch. Nobody else is awake.

Re: This is a total FML moment. - Alyzzia - 08-01-2009

Seems like the city should have to pay for that, even though they won't.

What kind of car are you waiting on?

Re: This is a total FML moment. - sTr - 08-01-2009

word, that's bullshit, ! hate cars too... ! always have bad luck with them... that's why ! mash it up on a scooter...

Re: This is a total FML moment. - Grimlin - 08-01-2009

I feel your pain.

Midge car has been broke for the last 3 months.Due to something wrong with the front left wheel.We were coming home from picking up the kid and this street full of pot holes did something to the left front passenger side wheel.It was smoking on the way home real bad.

It already had 2 new calipers,3 sets of brake pads and 3 new rotors put on.I can't afford to keep putting money into something that can't be fixed.Everybody that put those on were friends who actually when to mechanic school. I figured they knew what they are doing.sure doesn't seem like it since it's still sitting in the driveway taking up space now.

When the weather was going "hot,cold,hot,cold" the roads cracked so bad that it formed craters.We are guessing we hit one by accident and that left wheel has been fucked since.

Re: This is a total FML moment. - Toxic Love - 08-01-2009

Alyzzia Wrote:Seems like the city should have to pay for that, even though they won't.

What kind of car are you waiting on?

You know what would happen if I went to them? "It said uneven pavement." Okay... well it didn't say "Approaching death rocks and fucking potholes." Seriously, uneven pavement is usually just when they strip the blacktop down to repave it. I've never had a huge womp like I did last night. Brought the tire to where I got them and there is a 1" slit in it. The wheel is OK. Now I have to wait up to a week for a new tire since it's special order. I only have to pay for the tax on it since it's warranty'd... thank God.

[Image: 10.hyundai.genesis.coupe.f34.500.jpg]
^^That's what I'm waiting on. Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L Track.

[Image: l_4d07471b658d41fba57f829f88b11702.jpg]
^^This is what I have now. 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Limited.

sTr Wrote:word, that's bullshit, ! hate cars too... ! always have bad luck with them... that's why ! mash it up on a scooter...
I have to commute 40 miles to work there and back daily. Wish I could.

Grimlin Wrote:I feel your pain.

Midge car has been broke for the last 3 months.Due to something wrong with the front left wheel.We were coming home from picking up the kid and this street full of pot holes did something to the left front passenger side wheel.It was smoking on the way home real bad.

It already had 2 new calipers,3 sets of brake pads and 3 new rotors put on.I can't afford to keep putting money into something that can't be fixed.Everybody that put those on were friends who actually when to mechanic school. I figured they knew what they are doing.sure doesn't seem like it since it's still sitting in the driveway taking up space now.

When the weather was going "hot,cold,hot,cold" the roads cracked so bad that it formed craters.We are guessing we hit one by accident and that left wheel has been fucked since.

The weather here has been the same. We get 60 degree days then random 95 degree days. Our real summer at the shore didn't start until this past week. Otherwise, it's been a waste to go to the beach since it hasn't been hot... just warm. I just put money though into the alignment, belts, fluids, and tires. I'm supposed to go for my 60k maintenance but I'm not bothering if I'm getting a new car AND since I just had maintenance done.

Re: This is a total FML moment. - XIII - 08-01-2009

Honestly, in NJ, it's not worth it to buy the car you like, something will go wrong.

As Kelly has pointed out.

I just sold my bimmer and bought the cheapest, most fun car in my price range.

Re: This is a total FML moment. - Toxic Love - 08-02-2009

The cars I want are affordable to me. :)

I'm just bored with a FWD car and we sold the Z28 so... I need something else.

Re: This is a total FML moment. - sTr - 08-02-2009

<- drives a scooter... loves it, primarily because it barely rains out here, and never snows...

Re: This is a total FML moment. - Slacker - 08-03-2009

i drive these
[Image: 1350-large1.jpg]

Re: This is a total FML moment. - XIII - 08-04-2009

Toxic Love Wrote:The cars I want are affordable to me. :)

I'm just bored with a FWD car and we sold the Z28 so... I need something else.
Bored with a FWD car?

Do you go to the track or something?

Re: This is a total FML moment. - Toxic Love - 08-04-2009

I used to take the Z28 to Englishtown before we sold it. That was good times. I really miss it. The problem is we only drove it in Spring/Summer to prevent winter damage. Plus it's not a good winter car anyway.

Remember I work on cars a bit. Not too much, but enough to have a fixation on constantly doing something different. I really want a Pontiac now.

Re: This is a total FML moment. - XIII - 08-04-2009

Toxic Love Wrote:I used to take the Z28 to Englishtown before we sold it. That was good times. I really miss it. The problem is we only drove it in Spring/Summer to prevent winter damage. Plus it's not a good winter car anyway.

Remember I work on cars a bit. Not too much, but enough to have a fixation on constantly doing something different. I really want a Pontiac now.
What kind of work do you do on cars?

Wouldn't it be in your best interest to work on older cars?

If you bought a brand new car, you'd pay like a bazillion dollars and void the warranty instantly.