Board 6
Honda Recalls 440,000 cars - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Honda Recalls 440,000 cars (/showthread.php?tid=8941)

Honda Recalls 440,000 cars - Insanecowposse - 07-31-2009

(CNN) -- An additional 440,000 Honda vehicles are being added to a recall initially announced in November to repair a potential defect in airbag inflation systems, American Honda Motor Co. said Friday.

The 2001 Honda Civic is among the vehicles covered by the recall.

The recall involves driver-side airbags in certain 2001-02 Honda Accords, 2001 Civics and 2002-03 Acura TLs, the company said in a news release.

The affected vehicles will require the replacement of the steering-wheel-mounted airbag inflator.

"In some vehicles, airbag inflators can produce over-pressurization of the driver's [front] airbag inflator mechanism during airbag deployment," the release said. "If an affected inflator deploys, the increased internal pressure may cause the inflator casing to rupture. Metal fragments could pass through the cloth airbag cushion material, possibly causing an injury or fatality to vehicle occupants."

Re: Honda Recalls 440,000 cars - sTr - 07-31-2009

<nelson>ha ha</nelson>

Re: Honda Recalls 440,000 cars - Insanecowposse - 07-31-2009

I made a video about it and about the whole woman eats her baby thing but i am above shamelessly promoting my videos on this message board.

Re: Honda Recalls 440,000 cars - sTr - 07-31-2009

shameless posting is b6's middle name...

Re: Honda Recalls 440,000 cars - Grimlin - 07-31-2009

A lot of cars have that problem.I had the same problem in my Chevrolet.

Re: Honda Recalls 440,000 cars - XIII - 08-01-2009

Insanecowposse Wrote:I made a video about it and about the whole woman eats her baby thing but i am above shamelessly promoting my videos on this message board.
Shamelessly promoting it to 10 people. Gimme a break.

In other words, your video sucks.

Re: Honda Recalls 440,000 cars - Star - 08-01-2009

i was thinking last night about how fred applied at a new honda plant they're opening here, but didn't get on because they had something like 1400 openings and upwards of 4000 people applied. i'm glad he didn't, because honestly, i think his job is a lot more secure now. not that honda is going to close or anything, but since a lot of other automakers are having problems, if they wanted to cut corners, they'd probably start with the lowliest positions and smallest plants.

Re: Honda Recalls 440,000 cars - Grimlin - 08-01-2009

Star Wrote:i was thinking last night about how fred applied at a new honda plant they're opening here, but didn't get on because they had something like 1400 openings and upwards of 4000 people applied. i'm glad he didn't, because honestly, i think his job is a lot more secure now. not that honda is going to close or anything, but since a lot of other automakers are having problems, if they wanted to cut corners, they'd probably start with the lowliest positions and smallest plants.

Good job...automotive sucks anyways. I did it for almost 10 years....10 fucking years down the drain.I can't even find a job nowadays,given that the automotive is pretty much pointless for a few years.With so many people out of work here,Job positions don't stay open long enough to aplly for them.