Board 6
Left handers? - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Left handers? (/showthread.php?tid=8929)

Left handers? - Grimlin - 07-30-2009

I think my kid is....I've been noticing a lot lately he's doing everything left handed.

I'm right handed and so is midge....When i teach him to do certain things,it gets awkward because i can't do left handed stuff.

This is gonna get weird teaching him certain things. Now i gotta buy certain things that are left handed,He's not going to be able to use my stuff properly.

Re: Left handers? - Paullehh - 07-30-2009

you could try passing him things alot and directing it to his right hand...
Would be interesting if that worked.

Re: Left handers? - sTr - 07-30-2009

! do pretty much everything with my left hand except write and use my mouse, everything else ! tend to do with my left hand, the church people use to slap my hand when ! was in grade school if ! wrote with my left hand, farks...

Re: Left handers? - Ms Felony - 07-30-2009

Just carry on as normal, you never know he could out ambidextrous.

yeah, forcing people to use their right hand is shitty...

Re: Left handers? - juggalogigolo - 07-30-2009

yeah, dont force him to be right handed, shit wont work anyways..... and you dont have to go out and buy him special stuff, except maybe some scissors, right handed scissors are a pain in the fucking ass, and hurt your thumb when leftys try to use em

Re: Left handers? - Star - 07-30-2009

yeah, i don't agree at all with trying to force kids to use a different hand, it's not like being left-handed is really going to impair him in any major way. my little brother is left-handed, but nobody else in my family is. he doesn't have any special left handed things except golf clubs, and i've never seen those, and they got stolen, so i have no idea if they were that much different than regular golf clubs.

ambidextrous = 2 ways to jerk it...

i'm trying to learn to write with my left hand...i'm at the point where i can write my name, but it's barely legible, it's like 1st grade level penmanship.

Re: Left handers? - Grimlin - 07-30-2009

Actually,it's kinda cool he can do shit with his left hand.I'm not forcing him anything.

He'll get new stuff out of it....Lucky kid...LOL

lol

don't tell him that, he'll be like, "daddy, i need a left-handed spoon," or, "daddy, i need a left-handed dirtbike."

His fishing rod/reel is right handed....D'oh!

other than that everything else he owns are pretty much optional,can be used left or right handed.

bajaj, i started to say, can't you just flip it over.

then i thought about how hilariously awful it would be to cast a rod upside down

I cringe every time i see somebody by the lake doing it upside down.

You'd be surprise how often somebody is doing that without even knowing it.

Wouldn't the hook probably hit you or the person directly beside you? Because you'd have it held back, but when you cast, the line would just drop straight down or swing back out in front of you?

Not really,It's just really awkward to cast it and reel it in...It's usually people that don't fish and never fished before.

I taught a guy here who fishes like once a year or so....and he didn't even notice he was doing it wrong.When i showed him the correct way he was like "Oh crap,this is much easier!". I did all i could from keep laughing at him.

bajajaj funny shit, but word, right handed fishing poles are a pain in the ass too, and statistically speaking, left handed people in general are smarter than right handers

and better musicians.... but ! suppose that would fall in the same category of being smarter statistically...

Quote:In his book Right-Hand, Left-Hand,[46] Chris McManus of University College London argues that the proportion of left-handers is rising and left-handed people as a group have historically produced an above-average quota of high achievers. He says that left-handers' brains are structured differently in a way that widens their range of abilities, and the genes that determine left-handedness also govern development of the language centres of the brain.

McManus also says that the increase in the 20th century of people identifying as left-handed could produce a corresponding intellectual advance and a leap in the number of mathematical, sporting, or artistic geniuses.

In 2006, researchers at Lafayette College and Johns Hopkins University in a study found that left-handed men are 15 percent richer than right-handed men for those who attended college, and 26 percent richer if they graduated. The wage difference is still unexplainable and does not appear to apply to women

that last part is because statistically dumber then men...