Board 6
WTF with prison in US - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: WTF with prison in US (/showthread.php?tid=8920)

WTF with prison in US - Paullehh - 07-30-2009

Seriously i have been wathcing these shows with crimes cought on camera in america and guys do things like push a cop to the ground then speed of in a car and have a wild chase and end up getting 12 years jail.
You do the same shit in the uk you get jailed for 12 months or somthing at worst...
No fucking around in america.

Re: WTF with prison in US - sTr - 07-30-2009

this is where you go if you get a DUI here in AZ

[Image: TentCity.jpg]

Re: WTF with prison in US - Paullehh - 07-30-2009

I seen a show with people inside that prison sleeping in tents the tv crew spent a few months inside documenting all that goes on in that prison and some others.
Cunts are in there for life for shit people would get 9 years for.
You murder somebody here in a fight and you are out of jail in about 5 years...

Re: WTF with prison in US - Grimlin - 07-30-2009

I did not know that. I always thought America took it pretty easy with prisoners.

People here don't like murder out of cold blood.We tend to be harsh toward those kind of people.

I've got a friend in Thailand say if you steal something they chop off your hand(right outside is a chopping block).That's straight gruesome to me.

Every country is different i guess.

Some asian countrys are not realy tolerant atall, thailand will fuck you china will kill you the next day.

It's mostly shit like stealing cars and stuff people get like 12 years for stealing a car or breaking into a shop, that just seems so harsh.
Prison sentances here seem crazy to me in regards to killing people.
You stab a guy to death and you get out 5 years later yet if you harm nobody but rob a post office with a knive you get 25 years ....
WTF!

Sounds backwards to me as well...

Re: what would your last meal be? - Paullehh - 07-30-2009

Fucked thing here is the guy responsible for the locherby bombing here in scotland is in prison but now there is a apeal and the gov are in talks to negotiate letting him go back home free to his country as he is dieing of cancer....
The fucker blew up a jumbo jet killing hundreds of people!!!
Why should he be let free because it's a shame he's gona die off cancer???
That shit pisses me off.

Re: WTF with prison in US - juggalogigolo - 07-30-2009

word, thats gay

they should just give him reverse chemo...

sTr Wrote:they should just give him reverse chemo...

In an electric chair? Happy

This is why i loved Texas....they have the death penalty and use it!

hell yeah, it would be bad ass if they still did hanging and firing squad...

Hangings sound fun.

Grimlin Wrote:Hangings sound fun.
I think it's over rated, most people don't go back for another shot on the swing.

hangings are a us thing, we did it to the blacks, therefore making it awesome...

Re: WTF with prison in US - Autumn - 07-30-2009

I believe they do have a "shooting" type of death sentence. I'm not sure where. I don't personally believe in the death penalty, but America's laws are both confusing and unpracticed in most places. How could a football player get drunk, drive and KILL SOMEONE, and get 30 days?

word, death penalty is fucked up ! agree, but ! figure if they are gonna do it, why do they make a big deal about how humane it is, because if you really think about it, it's fucked up any way you look at it...

Autumn Wrote:I believe they do have a "shooting" type of death sentence. I'm not sure where. I don't personally believe in the death penalty, but America's laws are both confusing and unpracticed in most places. How could a football player get drunk, drive and KILL SOMEONE, and get 30 days?

Life for a life sounds reasonable...I'm a big supporter of death penalty.

Suppose somebody just kills your mom and dad or one of your family members for absolutely no reason. I think your views will change fast.

I have NEVER operated a vehicle while drunk....I don't agree with drunk drivers getting a second chance.

I believe the Motto "what goes around comes around".

Only time i will excuse a killing is if somebody was protecting their family from a criminal.Self defense is an entire different story.Here's one...

Quote:South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Panhandle burglar dead: His gun was fake, homeowner's gun real
The Associated Press

4:36 AM EDT, July 23, 2009

BRISTOL

Authorities say a burglar with a fake gun was shot and killed by a Panhandle homeowner with a real gun.

The Liberty County Sheriff's Office reports that 24-year-old Octavious Barnes broke into 82-year-old Bradley Harvil's home and tried to steal about $1,100 in cash Sunday night. Authorities say Barnes was waiving around a toy pistol, colored black with a marker to look real, and assaulted Harvil.

The homeowner was able to get to his real .357 magnum and shot Barnes in the chest and in the eye.

Authorities later concluded that three women had helped Barnes plan the burglary. Deputies have charged 19-year-old Jessica Nicole Long, 22-year-old Heather Marie Ammons and 43-year-old Mandy Allen with felony home invasion and second-degree murder.

Copyright © 2009, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Grimlin Wrote:Only time i will excuse a killing is if somebody was protecting their family from a criminal.Self defense is an entire different story.Here's one...

the government is not doing this when they kill the criminals...

sTr Wrote:
Grimlin Wrote:Only time i will excuse a killing is if somebody was protecting their family from a criminal.Self defense is an entire different story.Here's one...

the government is not doing this when they kill the criminals...

Explain? Not sure exactly what you mean.

the government is protecting anyone when they proceed with the death penalty, in some cases they are saving money by killing them, but for the most part it ends up costing the state more money to pursue the death penalty then to let them rot in prison for life.

sTr Wrote:the government is protecting anyone when they proceed with the death penalty, in some cases they are saving money by killing them, but for the most part it ends up costing the state more money to pursue the death penalty then to let them rot in prison for life.

Not sure what this has to do with self defense quote....But you are right,it costs more to kill a death row inmate,than it is to leave them in for life.Which is kind of weird,you'd think it would be cheaper if they didn't exist.Kinda stupid and that always gets me to go "how is that possible".

I find it fucking hilarious when a criminal gets a death penalty and starts saying "he doesn't derserve it" when he killed and took away somebody else life.And the nerves of his family acting like it's not his fault and that he's not a "killer" when he clearly killed somebody. When you kill somebody in cold blood,you instantly become a "killer".Most killers don't have remorse or regards for human life.

the quote is saying the only time you would excuse a killing is self defense or family reasons, neither are the reasons for death penalty...

I'm just the type who thinks a person shouldn't play God, but I also think that if someone kills someone else, without reason, coldbloodedly, then that person should get done exactly what they had done. Get it? lol

Word @ them charging the bitches with murder. Great story!

sTr Wrote:the quote is saying the only time you would excuse a killing is self defense or family reasons, neither are the reasons for death penalty...
Most of the time self defense cases are just that....but there are some self defense cases that are messed up...so i agree with you on that part.

I used to work with a supervisor who's son killed her ex-boyfriend who used to beat her.He came home one night found him drunk slapping his mother and he grabbed a baseball bat and beat the dude senseless,who later died in the hospital.IMO the son did what he had to do...the court or jury didn't agree with him.He got 20 years...eligible for parole in 7...but they denied it the last time i talked to the mother.Shortly after that I left the job,so i don't know what went on after that.

I guess it can be played both ways.

The guy that shot the robber got off...the jury found it "self defense". No jury in the right mind will charge someone with murder specially if that person was "protecting" it's family.

I think that's bullshit about the guy you know, Grim. He should have been let off the hook, because he isn't a serial killer. Maybe something similar to a slap on the wrist..

Re: WTF with prison in US - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 07-31-2009

Paullehh Wrote:You do the same shit in the uk you get jailed for 12 months or somthing at worst...
No fucking around in america.
American prisons are increasingly privatized, ie, for profit. Thus companies have a financial incentive to criminalize as many Americans as possible and keep them in jail for as long as possible.

Re: WTF with prison in US - FxXxckOff - 07-31-2009

america, we gives no fuck

Re: WTF with prison in US - sTr - 07-31-2009

[Image: FuckYeah.jpg]

Re: WTF with prison in US - Star - 07-31-2009

word @ privatization, i did a speech about it for one of my classes. they aren't the greatest prisons around - not only do the prisoners get treated like shit, which many might say is acceptable, but most of the guards lack training and even proper equipment. most of the riots that have resulted in death in recent years in indiana were at private facilities.

Re: WTF with prison in US - Paullehh - 07-31-2009

Here is another example of where our jail terms are far too light.
This is the most brutal murder you could think off and the dude will walk in 15 years.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8178295.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 178295.stm</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A teenager who inflicted 142 separate injuries on his victim during a frenzied knife killing has been locked up for life.

Peter Allen, 19, left a knife lodged in Raymond Black's eye socket after the fatal assault in January.

During the attack at Mr Black's home in Carluke, Lanarkshire, his two-year-old daughter was asleep in another room.

At the High Court in Edinburgh, judge Lord Brodie ordered Allen be detained for life, with a minimum of 15 years.

Re: WTF with prison in US - Autumn - 07-31-2009

That's what happened to a guy I know in Australia. He'll get 15 years, and he killed his ex girlfriend by strangling her with a cable tie and stuffing her body in a duffel bag. He left her in a storage facility, and when questioned by the cops denied the whole thing. They found her about 6 weeks later, and could barely identify the body.