Board 6
Stupid fucking bill collectors. - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Stupid fucking bill collectors. (/showthread.php?tid=8551)

Stupid fucking bill collectors. - Star - 07-06-2009

They keep calling asking for "Amanda Duncan" or "Alicia Duncan" just because I'm listed in the phone book as "A. Duncan". I just got a call, and this bitch was like, "Are you Alicia Duncan", pronouncing it "A-leash-a" and I was like, maybe, because sometimes people say my name wrong. She goes, "It looks like you owe National City $378.88, do you want to pay by check or credit card?" It was like, wtf, I don't even have an account there, so I had to spell my name to her and give her the last four of my social to get her to take me off the calling list, that shit pisses me off.

I'm on the do not call list, and I've reported several places to the state attorney general's office, because bill collectors are not supposed to fish like that, and they're supposed to identify themselves rather than just doing Unknown Name/Unknown number and saying they have an important message for you. The state has taken legal action against a few of the ones I reported, but I still keep getting calls.

/end rant

Re: Stupid fucking bill collectors. - Grimlin - 07-06-2009

NEVER,NEVER give them your social security number.

You better start checking your bank account and credit accounts now. Sounds like somebody is trying to steal your identity.

I've gotten that once,and i told them i'm reporting them to the FBI Scam task force......never once got a call again from them. agagag.

Re: Stupid fucking bill collectors. - Insanecowposse - 07-06-2009

also buy a shredder for any documents you throw away that have your personal info. scumbags will dig through your trash.

Insanecowposse Wrote:also buy a shredder for any documents you throw away that have your personal info. scumbags will dig through your trash.

X2...I've seen people throw away receipts from gas stations being paid by credit or debit cards.Some of those have your bank account numbers/card number on there. Gotta watch out.

Re: Stupid fucking bill collectors. - sTr - 07-06-2009

Numba @ owning a shredder... ! Shred everything ! Get.... and shhhh... ! Use fake names a lot for bullshit...

STRetard Wrote:Numba @ owning a shredder... ! Shred everything ! Get.... and shhhh... ! Use fake names a lot for bullshit...

Kinda like the White House *rim shot*

Re: Stupid fucking bill collectors. - Star - 07-06-2009

I didn't give her my social security number, just the last four digits. There's a scam going around up here where someone calls and says they're from "Card Services" and that they can lower your interest rate. However, they don't say which credit card company they are supposedly from, and if you ask them to remove you from their calling list, they hang up on you. The police are having a hard time tracking it down because it shows up as a FLA call and the first three digits are 000. Some people aren't very smart, and don't realize they're being tricked- if you tell them you'd like to lower your rate, they'll ask you which card, your Visa or your Mastercard. I'm amazed that people fall for that kind of thing, but I guess some people are just trusting.

Re: Stupid fucking bill collectors. - sTr - 07-06-2009

Not as bad as the car warranty calls.. my womans dad gets them like 5 times a day, he asked to be off the list, and the number shows up unavailable... ! Told him to put me on the line when they call next and !'ll school em...

Re: Stupid fucking bill collectors. - Star - 07-06-2009

tell him to look up the state attorney general's office, there's usually a really quick, easy form, and you check the box saying it's ok to look at your phone records, and then they can usually put a stop to it. some of you might not want the government checking your phone records, but i couldn't give a fuck less since i never use my home phone for anything.

Re: Stupid fucking bill collectors. - XIII - 07-06-2009

At least you got a person. I get a recording calling from a law office. They ask for someone, I can't understand the recording. They leave messages on my machine, call me at 7am on Sundays n shit.

Re: Stupid fucking bill collectors. - Alyzzia - 07-07-2009

If someone stole my identity they would be hella pissed and in debt too :P

Re: Stupid fucking bill collectors. - sTr - 07-07-2009

Alyzzia Wrote:If someone stole my identity they would be hella pissed and in debt too :P

numba, ! feel teh same way... have at it... sucker...

Re: Stupid fucking bill collectors. - crys - 07-08-2009

STRetard Wrote:Not as bad as the car warranty calls.. my womans dad gets them like 5 times a day, he asked to be off the list, and the number shows up unavailable... ! Told him to put me on the line when they call next and !'ll school em...

omg I hate that one! On my old number they used to call me nonstop, part of the reason why I finally gave up my DC number *sniff*

I agree with Steph, if someone stole my credit they would be pissed, my ex did a number on it.