Board 6
Going back to school - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Going back to school (/showthread.php?tid=8372)

Going back to school - Grimlin - 06-23-2009

Looks like i might.....I gotta get some kind of experience trade,otherwise i'm never going to find a job.

Thinking about applying for CNC training.Get some experience in and start in around $16 and work my way up.

Gonna suck though....going to school,going to work(once i find one) and finding time to spend with the family. I'm not sure i have the will power to do it.

Re: Going back to school - Stoopid Dog - 06-23-2009

fafsa.ed.gov

:)

Re: Going back to school - sTr - 06-23-2009

^ numba...

thinking about going back mysef... not sure what for yet... probably for my oracle cert or something along those lines... accounting would be a different option because poor people always need nigs to count for them...

I want to go for Networking and Web site design, but I have to many complications to even get fafsa.

Re: Going back to school - Grimlin - 06-23-2009

The Marshmallow Man Wrote:fafsa.ed.gov

:)

Yup...already got the brochure for it from Michigan works yesterday.They also gave me 2 other places where i can get financial aid.Since I'm out of work and have a kid will make my case better.

Re: Going back to school - Star - 06-23-2009

I'm still in school, and this semester will be even harder, because I'll be taking way more hours, and I have a job, and I'm worried about not seeing Fred and my family as much as I'd like. I keep myself going though, because I know that once I have my degree, I'll be able to give my family the kind of life i want for them.

Indeed it will.

I know once I reach 24 Ill go basically free.

Star Wrote:I'm still in school, and this semester will be even harder, because I'll be taking way more hours, and I have a job, and I'm worried about not seeing Fred and my family as much as I'd like. I keep myself going though, because I know that once I have my degree, I'll be able to give my family the kind of life i want for them.

economy depending... wait and see what our president does.. being a doctor will soon not mean shit..

Re: Going back to school - Star - 06-23-2009

I'm going to be a neurologist. Even if they largely scale back the salary made, I'll still be able to provide a modest living for my family.

Re: Going back to school - Paullehh - 06-23-2009

I been looking at a getting into some welding.

actually, ! take everything ! said back earlier... ! am going to school to be a wrestler... fuck it... as good a job as any in this shit hole economy... at least ! could be a good wrestling manager or referee...

Re: Going back to school - TheGreenBK - 06-23-2009

Good luck man

thank you sir, ! will remember your thanks when ! ref my first high school gym wrestling match...

Re: Going back to school - Slacker - 06-23-2009

word, good luck mayne

Re: Going back to school - sTr - 06-24-2009

so ! read that to be a wrestling ref ! should start reffing high school games first... damn wrestling school wants just as much for refs, f them, !'ll do this shit's for the reals...

Re: Going back to school - juggalogigolo - 06-24-2009

hahah

Re: Going back to school - Alyzzia - 06-25-2009

I am going to keep going for my bachelor's degree so that I don't have to pay back my loans yet :)

College is great, I just wish that I would have started sooner.

Re: Going back to school - Toxic Love - 06-26-2009

You don't get shit for the FAFSA unless:

1. You are married.
2. You are pregnant.
3. You have FULL CUSTODY of the child as the MOTHER (fathers don't get shit).
4. Your parents aren't legal citizens of this country.
5. You're black, mexican, or hispanic.
6. You're over the age of 24.

So... I'm not eligible for shit for at least another year. Which is why I am taking a year off.

I am going back to school to get a BS in Biology or Zoology... or pre-vet.............

Then eventually when I can get $60k a year loans, I will be going to vet school, hopefully at Tufts or U-Penn. Being a vet tech is nice, but I really got the degree in this to see if I liked the field enough to go to vet school. Now that I know, I want to take some time off, get my life in order, and THEN worry about money for college.

Re: Going back to school - Grimlin - 06-26-2009

1 & 6 apply for me......

Re: Going back to school - sTr - 06-26-2009

only 6 for me, but better one then none...

Re: Going back to school - Toxic Love - 06-26-2009

For real, 6 will apply to me in a year and that's all I got. Considering I make twice as much now as I did a year ago, I Can bank on I won't get MUCH from FA, but it will be something.

Re: Going back to school - sTr - 06-26-2009

! can't wait to use govt money to go to wrestling referee school... thank you uncie same, you dumb retard...

Re: Going back to school - Stoopid Dog - 06-26-2009

Toxic Love Wrote:You don't get shit for the FAFSA unless:

1. You are married.
2. You are pregnant.
3. You have FULL CUSTODY of the child as the MOTHER (fathers don't get shit).
4. Your parents aren't legal citizens of this country.
5. You're black, mexican, or hispanic.
6. You're over the age of 24.
word