Board 6
I thought I was going to get fired... - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: I thought I was going to get fired... (/showthread.php?tid=8281)

I thought I was going to get fired... - Star - 06-19-2009

But then the secretary for my boss' boss called and apologized, because it was their fuckup, not mine.

Good times.

Re: I thought I was going to get fired... - sTr - 06-19-2009

what did you do that you thought you would get fired?

Re: I thought I was going to get fired... - Paullehh - 06-19-2009

-Got fired a month ago

! want to know what she did to almost get fired, ! call seduction...

It's got sexual harrassment written all over it.
But if you read her post it sez it was sombody else that done somthing and she thought she was gona get fired for it and then they found out it wasn't her.
So she's done nothing she sez.
sez romel.

bajaj @ sez romel....

Re: I thought I was going to get fired... - Star - 06-19-2009

Well, my job is kind of hard to explain. Basically, big brands like Proctor and Gamble hire my company to make sure that their products are displayed, etc. I get paid for up to six hours depending on the job, but it only takes maybe fifteen minutes, because it's simple shit, like making sure Weight Watchers snack cakes aren't out of date in the Walmarts. So, I can schedule my own hours, but I can't have more than 10 hours scheduled a day. All of the scheduling is done on this calendar online, so there's no way to get around it. This week, I scheduled all of my work for yesterday and tonight, but then I scheduled a few jobs for Saturday, because next week is "full' according to my work website. My boss is on vacation, but her boss had her secretary call and leave me this super shitty voicemail about how I can't do Walgreens on Saturdays, ever, and how I shouldn't have waited until so late in the week to do my work.

Now, the only person I hurt is myself by procrastinating, because the ONLY rules are that jobs must be turned in by Friday at 6 on the week the job is assigned. Since the Walgreens aren't due until next Friday, but my schedule is full, I didn't have a choice but to put them on Saturday. I didn't do anything wrong - it was just their retarded ass website. Anyway, the lady called me back and told me she was sorry for being a cunt, and that it wasn't my fault, because it didn't say anything about not being allowed to work on Saturday. Then she took away a couple of my jobs for next week, which is stupid, because like I said - even though I have 40 hours scheduled, I will literally only spend maybe six hours actually working, even though I get paid for the whole time.

So yeah, long story short, I thought I was going to get fired for scheduling work on a Saturday even though there was no way to finagle my schedule around it.

I know a couple people do that exact same shit for proctor and gamble, involves a bit of traveling around the stores n shit.

Re: I thought I was going to get fired... - Star - 06-19-2009

yeah, i spend probably 75% of my time just driving from store to store. they pay for gas too, though, so oh well.

word it's a easy number if you can do it.

Re: I thought I was going to get fired... - juggalogigolo - 06-19-2009

word