Board 6
A what-if draft scenario in which the - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: B Sex Love Line (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: A what-if draft scenario in which the (/showthread.php?tid=13125)

A what-if draft scenario in which the - panxing18 - 06-16-2019

Chiefs make a team strength even stronger"The Kansas City Chiefs’ offense was the best in the NFL last year Harrison Butker Jersey , while their defense was one of the worst. The desire to fix the defense this offseason has been evident by both fans and even the Chiefs based upon some of their moves. The Chiefs have made strides to improve their defense with an entirely new defensive coaching staff, turnover along the defensive line, and adding pieces to the secondary. While the defense is still the weaker of the two units, there have been attempts to to improve that side of the ball as a whole.This opens the Chiefs up to an interesting situation. What if the board falls poorly, as it has in so many mock scenarios this year, and the Chiefs aren’t left with any good value at 29 on defense? What if the Chiefs simply want to build upon their strength and make it stronger to ensure it remains what carries their team in the 2019 season?Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsThis scenario isn’t simply taking an offensive player to help keep the talent level high but rather emphasizing offense while expecting some needs on the defensive side of the ball to improve through moves already made. If the Chiefs feel they can survive with their current defensive end depth chart or make a move at a later date and want to focus some early resources on the offensive side of the ball, the draft could go an entirely different direction than most have been thinking.On this week’s episode of the AP Laboratory, we explored that very option and came away with this draft.29. WR AJ Brown, Ole MissThe Chiefs select the safest, most well-rounded wide receiver that is NFL-ready in the slot, with outside WR1 potential. Brown’s route running, hands and physicality after the catch would fit in perfectly with the current wide receiver room.61. CB Trayvon Mullen, ClemsonComing back around late in the second round, there is a chance cornerbacks are coming off the board quickly and the Chiefs have to reach a little to ensure they get a quality player. Mullen has scheme flexibility and is very physical both in the run and passing game.63. IOL Elgton Jenkins Reggie Ragland Jersey , Mississippi StateDon’t use a first-round pick on the interior offensive line. The end of the second is a great spot to add some top-flight competition to win the center job. Jenkins is a powerful blocker with good movement skills that could provide a long term center to help Patrick Mahomes.92. IDL Trysten Hill, UCFWith the board falling the way it did and an inability to get good value early in the draft at defensive end, the move here was to go with another best player available. Luckily, it still fills a need, as the Chiefs have no interior pass rushers behind Chris Jones. Hill needs some seasoning, but his burst and energy level also provide a safety net as a rotational pass rusher. KC Draft GuideRead the extensive scouting reports, team fit, and player comparison for all these guys in the KC Draft Guide. You can purchase it for only $9.99! We have over 225 prospect write-ups on prospects (including the players we discussed in this article), including breakdowns of all of these players, with specifics about how prospects fit the Chiefs. There are more than 300 grades on players, mock drafts, positional rankings and features — all specific to the Chiefs. Grab your copy by clicking here!Loading... In an interview with ESPN, Mahomes talks Madden, Kyler Murray Cameron Erving Jersey , Andy Reid and more."WhiteSeries Stagner ThingsLottery Tickets ’19Summer of SpagsMailbagFanposts Fanshots Community Community GuidelinesContactAbout StubHub ✕Patrick Mahomes says he should be rated 100 on MaddenNew,24commentsIn an interview with ESPN, Mahomes talks Madden, Kyler Murray, Andy Reid and more. CDTShareTweetShareSharePatrick Mahomes says he should be rated 100 on MaddenRobert Deutsch-USA TODAY SportsIt’s hard to believe that it has been almost two years to the day since Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes was drafted 10th overall in the 2017 NFL Draft. A lot has happened for the 23-year-old since then—particularly in 2018, when Mahomes did things as a first-year starting quarterback that not many could have ever imagined possible when he picked up that life-changing phone call on April 27, 2017. Jaw-dropping plays, record numbers, a strong Super Bowl run, the 2018 AP NFL MVP award, sponsorships left and right and — as of Thursday night — the honor of being named the Madden NFL 20 cover athlete. Right after the announcement Thursday, Patrick Mahomes caught up with an ESPN panel.Here’s what Mahomes had to say:On being the face of Madden NFL 20:“It’s special. It really is,” Mahomes said when asked about being the face of the new ‘Madden 20’ cover. “When you look at the guys that have been on that cover — from Michael Vick to Tom Brady and Drew Brees, to name a few — it really was a special moment when I got to really see that cover and see myself on it.”...and what he thinks his overall player rating will be:“I’m thinking 100 Mitchell Schwartz Jersey ,” Mahomes said confidently as the panel laughed. “I’m trying to be the first 100 overall rated player.”On how Texas Tech helped prepare him for the NFL:“I think coach (Kliff) Kingsbury in general helped me a ton,” Mahomes said of his college coach. “Just putting a lot on me, not babying me, making sure that I go through the stuff, that I make the protection calls, that I go through that spread system and really just air it out and play. You see it on Sundays now, I’m really just seeing green grass, kind of ad-libbing, but at the same time, playing within the system.”On what makes quarterback Kyler Murray’s style of offense unique:“I think just the ability to play in space,” Mahomes said of Murray — who was taken first overall in the 2019 NFL Draft by the Arizona Cardinals. “Not everything has to be perfect. You can go out there and just make plays happen when stuff breaks down. I think that’s one thing that I learned at Texas Tech that really translated [to the NFL]. I’ve had coaches that have let me play my game and as more and more college concepts come to the NFL, you can play within the system and make those plays. That’s what coach Reid’s got me really, really good at but at the same time, when stuff breaks down De’Anthony Thomas Jersey , I go back to that college style of making plays happen.”On what Chiefs head coach Andy Reid has done for his career: “Just the way he’s able to teach me and, more than anything, he challenges me every single day,” Mahomes said of Reid. “He’s not letting me be satisfied with just being there and with just going out there and throwing a few touchdowns. He wants me to get better every single day and learning why are we running these routes, why are we trying to exploit this part of the defense...I think that that challenge of every single day getting better have really taken me to the next step of my game.”On what impact Murray’s height has on his game and in the NFL:“I think if you just watch that dude throw a football you know that he can play in the NFL,” Mahomes said of Murray’s ability. “I’ve seen him play since he was a high school state champion in Texas and he was playing at the top level, going out there and just competing. When you see guys like that — I mean you saw Baker [Mayfield] this past year, you see Kyler now and you see all these other guys that are in this draft — when they compete and they go out there every single day and they’re trying to get better and they’re trying to win no matter what it takes, those are the guys that go out and succeed on Sundays.”On what this year’s quarterbacks in the draft should know going into the NFL:“It’s an every-day, every-hour event,” Mahomes said of what it’s like being an NFL quarterback. “We went out there every single day, and luckily I had Alex Smith in front of me who taught me the ropes. But being a pro quarterback isn’t about playing on Sunday; it’s about what you do during the week.I think that was the biggest thing that i learned my first year there. You have to attack every single day with that mindset that this day, this hour is going to make me better on Sunday.”