Board 6
www.giantsfanshop.com - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: B Sex Love Line (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: www.giantsfanshop.com (/showthread.php?tid=13087)

www.giantsfanshop.com - panxing18 - 05-20-2019

The New York Giants pulled off an upset Sunday in a wildly eventful game against the Bears. From pick-sixes to botching an onside kick recovery Evan Engram Color Rush Jersey , the Giants snuck by the Bears in overtime. With plenty to talk about, head coach Pat Shurmur had a lot to say after the game. Here are the biggest takeaways from Shurmur. On his team’s resiliency ...“The takeaway is, and I told the team this - I’ll keep the swear words out of it – some people are fond of talented people, some people are fond of smart people, I’m fond of tough, resilient people. When you’re trying to flip culture, when you’re trying to build something, you’ve got to really dig in on that. There was some toughness and some resiliency. It would have been easy to cave when they came back, an 8-3 team, came back and tied us up, they had a little bit of juice, a little bit of mojo, but our guys found a way to put points on the board and then stop them at the end. I’m fond of toughness and resiliency, and our team showed that today.”On the game going to overtime after losing a 10-point lead ...“I really felt like we were going to get the ball and score, and we did that. It’s like the people that were ‘woe is me’ at the fact that we were up by eight at halftime against the Eagles a week ago. That’s not the feeling I had.”On Saquon’s big run right before the half ...“It’s sort of a give-up call to just run it, and when you hand the ball to Saquon, that’s not the case. He’s a super, super talented guy. The first run of the overtime, that was an outstanding run and he did a great job of staying inbounds. We’ve seen all year what he can do, and for those of you keeping track, I think he had 24 carries today, so that’s a good day’s work for him.” On the offensive line’s impact against the Bears defense...“They battled those guys. Along the way, they could have looked at it as criticism early, when I said, ‘we’re going to go as far as our line will block for us’, but they just put their head down Patrick Omameh Color Rush Jersey , Hal (Hunter) and Ben (Wilkerson) worked hard with them, and they’re developing a group there that we can be really proud of. Listen, I feel like if we play the right way, we can beat any team we play and it always starts up front.”On Alec Ogletree’s two interceptions ...“When you catch the ball like he did, when you intercept the ball, when you do those things, it’s a good thing. He’s one of the guys that’s helping us flip this culture because he’s a winner, he’s tough, he’s resilient, and he made some game-changing plays today and that’s a credit to him.” On fixing Eli Manning’s struggles in the first half ...“I think we just got to get to some of the things he can do. We ought to always be able to lean on the run here and I think that if we can keep it kind of a run, play-action type setting, I think that’s good for any quarterback.”On Aldrick Rosas’s performance ...“Yeah, I’ve said this all along, too, I’m fond of our kicker and I’m fond of who he is as a football player, because he’s not just a kicker, he’s a football player. If a fight broke out, he’d be right there. He’s tough, he’s resilient, and I’m really proud of the fact that he’s having a really positive impact on our games.” The New York Giants are looking to get back on track this Sunday, when they take on the Chicago Bears at MetLife Stadium. With the Bears in town, Chicago head coach Matt Nagy spent some time with the media on Wednesday. Let’s take a look at the biggest takeaways from the conversation. On his time with Giants head coach Pat Shurmur with the Eagles...“Yeah, Coach Shurmur was the quarterbacks coach when I was there as an intern my first year,” Nagy said. “What I remember about him is just how good of a teacher he was, the three weeks that I was there with him. The one thing I thought was neat, and this is a story I haven’t really told too many people but it just speaks volumes of who he is. Me being a young guy still playing at the time Landon Collins Color Rush Jersey , I was a player in the Arena League, I was building relationships with that internship. A lot of coaches, you get so busy whether it’s during the season or in the offseason and when you get so many different phone calls from people, and he was the one coach that would always return my phone call or return a text message and ask how I was doing. That went a long way with me. I thought that speaks volumes of who he is as a person, and I always remembered that, I hang on to that and use that when I run into situations now with people calling me and texting me. Take the football side out of it, that’s who he is as a person and I have a lot of respect for him.” On the Khalil Mack trade ...“He’s everything and more than we thought,” Nagy said. “As I tell everybody, you know from going against him, I know from going against him in Kansas City what type of player he was when you have to compete against him. When you bring him into practice and you see who the person is within the four walls of the building, and you see how he is as a human being and his character and how he’s a leader, it just makes it even better.”On who will start at quarterback for the Bears this weekend...“We’ll see,” Nagy said. “We’re still going through that process. Mitch (Trubisky) is getting better, he’s improving each day, we like where he’s at, we’re in a good spot with Chase (Daniel) as well. We will kind of go day by day with it like we’ve done before and see where he’s at.” On what he has saw out of Eli Manning this year...“I have a lot of respect for him,” Nagy said. “I actually coached Eli in the Pro Bowl a few years ago. I got to know him as a person and a player a little bit there and see who he is, and I have a ton of respect for him. For the type of player that he is, the adversity he’s been through, I think that he has just so many strengths, just knowing the game, knowing where to go with the football. I appreciate that. This is not an easy position to play as a quarterback position, and he’s had a lot of success, he’s done well, and I think that we have a big challenge ahead of us this week with him back there as the quarterback.”