Board 6
Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! (/showthread.php?tid=12447)

Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - dirtymonkey22 - 07-12-2013

if you love anime and Godzilla movies you'll love it, But if the first thing that comes to mind is Power Rangers and transformers you may like it but don't waist your time. I have to say the movie was every thing I expected nothing more nothing less, the Movie is more so a Homage to the Asian Giant monster genre like Godzilla, Ultraman, Gundam , Neon Genesis and Yes even power rangers to a degree its pretty Easy to follow and the CGI is to notch but as I said Its not for everyone !!

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - Ms Felony - 07-12-2013

saw the trailer for this the other day when my nephew mentioned it, not for me dude, way over the top and unrealistic dynamics.

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - sTr - 07-12-2013

a movie... unrealistic and over the top... never..... KillaMo

I don't watch a lot of films but Red 2 looks pretty good though

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - dirtymonkey22 - 07-12-2013

Really over the top but red 2 looks good

! think Pacific Rim Job would be a better premise, just sayin'

I know REd 2 has some parts which are unbelievable like when helen mirren slings the car sideways and
unloads 2 clips whith two guns out of two windows but whatever....

Its not like fighting some monster from the depths of an ocean with fking robots, I mean come on.

IDK with the Nuclear reactor in Japan leaking into the Ocean who knows we already are seeing 1 eyed cats and other animals that are deformed and lets not forget about genetic testing,cloning and gene slicing. and we still haven't been to the lowest part of the oceans. as for robots what do you think Drones and the robots we use to defuse explosives are
I think down the line Pacific rim is a little more feasible than any of that off the wall shooting Besides the Japs are all over it [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmQ21vj_fF4jWRmKw1KJK...R30MWGdwYA]

If you look at the actual dynamics with the robots verses the sea monster, I don't see how a pile of technological nuts and bolts with a complex intergrated computer with various systems running wouldn't get taken out in an instant.

In the trailer I noticed one of the robots hitting the ground hard, that robot would be fked up and no longer operating.
Allthough it cut so I didn't see anything other than a trailer for this film so I don't know if that robot actually got back up.

I assume it did....which is basically unrealistic, sorry dude, I'm not really into fanciful ideas, we've got a long way to go before we get anything remotely worthy of weapons like that.

If I was into fancy ideas I would be a scientologist.

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - juggalogigolo - 07-12-2013

it must suck only watching movies that could actually happen...

it really limits the movies you can watch.... basically only documentaries.

pacific rim looks badass, we are going to go see it on sunday

If it takes me 30 mins to send a poncy email cause outlook messed up and crashed then I hold no hope for those robots.
they would start up and then you would get a message stating that updates are available so they would have to download the updates before they could reboot the system and then go out and try to kill something, that's more likely.

Bur really, explosions every 5 minutes cause some guy blew the fk out of something instead of really acting.

have a look at some of the films uk has produced, you'll see the difference. ;)

give me some suggestion

(07-12-2013, 08:28 PM)Ms Felony Wrote:  If it takes me 30 mins to send a poncy email cause outlook messed up and crashed then I hold no hope for those robots.
they would start up and then you would get a message stating that updates are available so they would have to download the updates before they could reboot the system and then go out and try to kill something, that's more likely.

Bur really, explosions every 5 minutes cause some guy blew the fk out of something instead of really acting.

have a look at some of the films uk has produced, you'll see the difference. ;)

I havent watched any of the uk films but ive watched a few of the shows like sherlock and doctor who and there both excellent

snatch
V for vendetta
in the loop
28 days later

can't think of anymore at the moment.

(07-12-2013, 01:09 PM)dirtymonkey22 Wrote:  as for robots what do you think Drones and the robots we use to defuse explosives are

This really made me laugh, I was watching one of these programs with the soldiers and they had to use one of those robots to deactivate a mine, it got 2 foot from the site of the mine and then consequently broke down.

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - juggalogigolo - 07-13-2013

v for vendetta and 28 days later arent realisitically able to happen either, plus is was done by the wachowski's.... its just based off an english comic book

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - dirtymonkey22 - 07-13-2013

Alan Moore FTW

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - holagatita - 07-13-2013

(07-13-2013, 10:40 AM)dirtymonkey22 Wrote:  Alan Moore FTW
word

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - juggalogigolo - 07-13-2013

i just wish he wasnt batshit crazy

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - dirtymonkey22 - 07-14-2013

Well thats what makes him such a good writer

Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - The Professa - 07-14-2013

(07-12-2013, 06:33 PM)fred Wrote:  it must suck only watching movies that could actually happen...

it really limits the movies you can watch.... basically only documentaries.

So true.

When I was a TA for a basic physics class, newtons laws etc, we used movie scenes all the time for examples. The class was really into it and always had new scene ideas to look at. Good times. The class was so much more interested in landing a car on a helicopter and how the phy didn't work out than some of the standard examples.

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - Ms Felony - 07-14-2013

landing a car on a helicopter, wtf?

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - juggalogigolo - 07-14-2013

im assuming after a cars jumps something in a movie

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - holagatita - 07-14-2013

we just saw it. yes, it reminded me of Godzilla and Power Rangers, with more CGI. But it was a fun movie

RE: Pacific rim was bad ass !!! - Autumn - 07-19-2013

I thoroughly enjoyed it myself. It was fun and I was pumped up basically the whole time. I'd go see it again for sure.