Board 6
Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? (/showthread.php?tid=12259)

Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - insane - 02-19-2013

Think hard about this 10 years back, what was your life like how much has changed and are you better off now then you were then.
10 years ago I was working at Meijers for 7 something an hour driving a car that I had to start with a switch AKA Larry's batman symbol on his wallet
and I was single sharing a place with Larry and his wife before they had kids.
Now I work at Sams Club for 13 something an hour, I just bought a 2004 Impala with heated seats and every option, me and the wife are back together and I have a 2 year old girl and a 7 years old boy <adopted basically>
so I am better off.

RE: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - juggalogigolo - 02-19-2013

10 years ago i was posting here.....

RE: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - sTr - 02-19-2013

same here, shit's pretty much the same

RE: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - Autumn - 02-19-2013

I was also posting here 10 years ago. At this time, I believe I was dating my ex and working at a grocery store, which was a shit job. 10 years later, practically married, no kids, working in a pharmacy. Everything else is basically the same.

RE: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - holagatita - 02-19-2013

Much happier. I was at the same job but made 8/hr then, make close to 17 now. Was in a shit marriage, that I hung onto for another 8 years after. Had just been diagnosed with diabetes then, but am currently kicking it's ass.

Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - The Professa - 02-20-2013

Happier now.
No car then, paid off car now.
Shitty paying shitty hours job then, my own hours and pay now.
Lots of friends wastin away on drugs then, sane, healthy friends now.
Dreaming of finally renting an apt then (lol), I've got savings accounts I'm proud of now so I can buy a home when I'm done w school.

RE: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - juggalogigolo - 02-20-2013

im happier now as well, 10 years ago i had just dropped out of college because i totaled my car, and couldnt drive the 1 hour trip to class, i was either unemployed, or just started working at a factory, was single, and living in my moms basement

now i live with my girlfriend, have a great car, live in a different city, with a decent job, that pays decent. shits way better.

RE: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - Enigma - 10-09-2014

Life was okay 10 years ago.

Life is okay now.

Life will be okay 10 years from now.

I feel like I'm just holding on until the end. I'm living for my kid to give her a better life than I had. I guess that's something.

RE: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - juggalogigolo - 10-10-2014

^
i cant think of a better reason to live.

RE: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - fghtffyrdmns - 10-10-2014

10 years ago I was 13...
and while I didn't have to do shit else except go to school, home life was pretty bad. So yeah, I am way happier now.

RE: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - juggalogigolo - 10-10-2014

10 years ago i was 22. i dont remember shit from back then. but i know im happy as fuck now, and i dont think ive ever been happier.

RE: Are you happier now then you were 10 years ago? - Enigma - 10-11-2014

(10-10-2014, 05:06 PM)fred Wrote:  ^
i cant think of a better reason to live.

Very true. Although today was rough. She had me frustrated.