Board 6
Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . (/showthread.php?tid=12067)

Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - dirtymonkey22 - 12-04-2012

the Mid season finally was on this past sunday And it topped 15 million viewers thats not counting DVR's and torrent Downloads I love the show and Steve refuses to watch it for what ever reason.
But if you haven't caught up on the show please do your self a favor and watch it.

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - OddBallFreak - 12-04-2012

I watch it but i don't see why everyone thinks its soooo great. I do agree its worth watching if you haven't seen it, but wouldn't say its the best, at least in my opinion.

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - juggalogigolo - 12-04-2012

what would you say is the best show on tv right now?

walking dead, game of thrones, and fringe, are the only shows i give a fuck about and make sure i watch as soon as they are on.

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - Stoopid Dog - 12-04-2012

Comics were better

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - dirtymonkey22 - 12-05-2012

fred Wrote:what would you say is the best show on tv right now?

walking dead, game of thrones, and fringe, are the only shows i give a fuck about and make sure i watch as soon as they are on.
c

this

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - juggalogigolo - 12-05-2012

USER RESIGNED Wrote:Comics were better

books are always better than the movies/tv shows they get turned into...... this thread is about tv shows.... not books

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - OddBallFreak - 12-07-2012

Personally, I looked forward to watching dexter and homeland more. I'm not hating on walking dead, I still watch it and for the most part it is entertaining. I'm just saying the majority of the people I know that do watch it act like it's the best thing ever, and I don't see why..

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - dirtymonkey22 - 12-07-2012

this past season of Dexter has been the worst yet.
With the walking dead its so good because you never know who's going to die for the most part unless you read the comic, and even thats not 100% because Darrly was never in the comic and the same for a few others things thats changed up, Really what other show kills off fan favorit characters at any moment . Only way reason DeB would be killed on dexter is because of there marriage troubles in real life

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - holagatita - 12-07-2012

OddBallFreak Wrote:Personally, I looked forward to watching dexter and homeland more. I'm not hating on walking dead, I still watch it and for the most part it is entertaining. I'm just saying the majority of the people I know that do watch it act like it's the best thing ever, and I don't see why..

I haven't watched Dexter since the Lumen storyarch, but I imagine I've missed a whole lot.

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - OddBallFreak - 12-09-2012

dirtymonkey22 Wrote:this past season of Dexter has been the worst yet.
With the walking dead its so good because you never know who's going to die for the most part unless you read the comic, and even thats not 100% because Darrly was never in the comic and the same for a few others things thats changed up, Really what other show kills off fan favorit characters at any moment . Only way reason DeB would be killed on dexter is because of there marriage troubles in real life

I kinda get that, but even that doesn't make the show that much more suspenseful for me to watch. So far there hasn't been a character that's died that I cared about, or felt invested in. Even the gratification I should have felt for the ones that died that i disliked (lori and sophia) felt sort of watered down to me.

Out of curiosity, do you follow the comics? I ask because I don't, and I wonder if the people that do have more of an attachment to the characters..

holagatita Wrote:I haven't watched Dexter since the Lumen storyarch, but I imagine I've missed a whole lot.

Bajaj, actually not that much.. the show had been going downward since the season with trinity, but I disagree that this season was the worst, I think its had a good pace each episode and setting a good tone for next season (the final season)

I'm on my phone so I don't know how to spoiler or tiny font, but if you wanted to start back up again but not watch every ep. (I would start with the finale of the last season that aired). The only things I can think that you would have missed and might be confusing if you didn't know are..

*minor spoilers*

Deb started seeing a therapist, and came to the conclusion that she is in love with dexter, and there was a new tech guy working at the police station that stole the manikin hand from s1 and mailed it to dexter.

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - dirtymonkey22 - 12-09-2012

I only read the first few issues to see the differences

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - Ms Felony - 12-17-2012

watched the first two series of walking dead, yet to watch the 3rd

Re: Walking Dead Has to be the best show on TV right now . - Enigma - 12-18-2012

i own all of the trade paper backs for the comics. i had a large attachment to Dale and was pissed that they offed him in the show. especially the way they did it. in the comics, he got bit by a walker then kidnapped by cannibals, so infected them when they ate him. that was fucking EPIC! to be killed by a walker because some dipshit kid didn't have the balls to off a walker when he should have, that is a pussy way to die. i was mad. but i do love Glenn and don't want to read the next trade bc someone said that Glenn is going to die. i don't want to read it.

i do love the comics. it gives me some room to geek out about with people that don't normally geek out. it's a great ice breaker. i'm excited for the next part of the season.