Board 6
Way to commit suicide Apple.. - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Way to commit suicide Apple.. (/showthread.php?tid=11965)

Way to commit suicide Apple.. - Paullehh - 10-28-2012

After pissing off Samsung (way stupid move by Apple) Samsung will be stopping all supply of LCD screens to Apple. This is a huge blow as they will never get that deal again as Samsung is the only manufacturer in the world capable of supplying at that level/quality/price. Next is flash Memory, they will never be able to get the same deal again.

Sharp decline for apple in 2014? Looks like it.

Re: Way to commit suicide Apple.. - N-Do - 10-28-2012

They'll be fine once zombie Steve Jobs comes back.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

Re: Way to commit suicide Apple.. - sTr - 10-28-2012

! think it's awesome, but ultimately they will get by because their customers will buy anything they put out

Re: Way to commit suicide Apple.. - juggalogigolo - 10-28-2012

^

Re: Way to commit suicide Apple.. - Ms Felony - 10-28-2012

this wont matter, they'll still do business.

Re: Way to commit suicide Apple.. - Paullehh - 10-28-2012

The sales hit will be massive regardless of the dumb apple fans.
It will be less trendy when devices are slammed at their price range. The knock on effect will result in masses of lost sales.

Re: Way to commit suicide Apple.. - LuckyNumbrXIII - 10-28-2012

They're already sold at a $600 mark up. They'll lose profits, sure... but really I see no reason for things to change in the consumer/company relationship.

You think Samsung is the only company that makes screens? There's probably a line 5 miles long of companies trying to get their old spot.

Also, hipsters will still buy it.

Re: Way to commit suicide Apple.. - Paullehh - 10-28-2012

LuckyNumbrXIII Wrote:They're already sold at a $600 mark up. They'll lose profits, sure... but really I see no reason for things to change in the consumer/company relationship.

You think Samsung is the only company that makes screens? There's probably a line 5 miles long of companies trying to get their old spot.

Also, hipsters will still buy it.
Yes, Samsung is the only company that can produce to that quality/capacity and at a competative price.
And there are in fact not a lot of places in this world that can produce them at all most come from the same handful of names over all brands..
Whatever Apple go for now will be more expensive and harder to get supply off.
Same goes for flash memory.
And other companies now know Apple is up shit creek and will be offering prices that reflect this.
Further to this Samsung will stop fabbing chips for Apple who will be solely dependant on TSMC afterwords.
It's all in all a pretty shitty situation. While Samsung is making all there own shit for competing devices at a fraction of the cost.
It's going to be MUCH harder for Apple to stay relevant. Hipsters are like sheep too, customers start bashing Apple for this then the mass sheep will start following.

Apple really shot themselves in the foot, no matter how you look at it.

Re: Way to commit suicide Apple.. - LuckyNumbrXIII - 10-28-2012

Eh... we'll see. I don't care either way. I'd love to live in a society of people who don't just sit there staring at their phones all the time. Maybe this is a good thing. No one will afford smart phones anymore. Probably not though.

I'm sure at the consumer level, we won't be seeing any difference.

You're just a chicken little that desperately wants to see Apple go down, IMO, so every little change they make, you interpret it as a failure and a loss. Maybe Apple wants to leave these companies? Maybe they want to make everything themselves? I don't know the answer, and neither do you. So yeah, it's all really speculation.

I don't care, if Apple abandons the mobile market (not fucking likely at ALL), I'll just use something else. It'd be a shame though, cuz the competition really blows. You're in Europe, right? You know here in the states, we don't get any of the good Nokia phones any more. The big ones here are Samsung (awful), LG (pretty good), HTC (awful), Motorola (worse than awful), and a few others I've never owned.... so, it'd be pretty lame if Apple abandoned the iPhone.

Re: Way to commit suicide Apple.. - Ms Felony - 10-29-2012

most phones today are awfull.

if half the tech suddenly stopped working half the population would be dead withing 1 month

Re: Way to commit suicide Apple.. - Paullehh - 10-29-2012

Windows 8 phone/tablet looks like it might turn out to be a bit of a winner too. Giving android and IOS something to think about.
So as these and more Samsung devices flood the market, it's like a double blow for Apple.
Samsung really are kicking them hard. It's no way through any choice, that's ridiculous.
Don't know how long it will be before we see the knock on effect. I would imagine it would be pretty soon after supply cuts off though. They churn out an insane amount of devices so will need to scramble for parts.

I do think it's hysterical though and Apple had it coming. It was a pretty obvious possibility when Apple decided to piss Samsung off.
There will be Apple apologists over in Korea right now kissing Samsung dick as sweetly as they can trying to work it out.