Board 6
State of Psychopathic - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: State of Psychopathic (/showthread.php?tid=11951)

State of Psychopathic - LuckyNumbrXIII - 10-26-2012

I have to say, I am impressed.

I read a recent interview with Twiztid, and basically they said that Psychopathic is no longer run by the artists. This gives the artists time to concentrate on the music, and music alone.

The result is, in my opinion, the best music that has come from Psy in a very long time. I feel like every artist's most recent album is their best. Death Pop is my favorite ICP, Abominationz is my favorite Twiztid, Gang Rags is my favorite Blaze, Medicine Bag is my favorite ABK, Opaque Brotherhood... dunno if it's my favorite Lotus, but at least it sounds different. Boondox and AMB are gone (thank god). Cold 187um is a cool concept, and the music is good... but not sure if you can count this as a new album... more like a mixtape, I suppose. I dunno about you guys, but I felt like for a while all the albums were exactly the same. The production was the same, the beats sounded the same... now every artist has their distinctive, signature sound.

Has anyone here actually given the last few albums an honest listen? Or do you just skip around, listen to the first 30 seconds of a track based on the title, and write it off? I feel like if you listened to the albums straight through, you could actually enjoy it all.

Anybody?

Re: State of Psychopathic - Paullehh - 10-26-2012

I like the new twiztid album.
Not even listened to mighty death pop yet. Might do that now.

Re: State of Psychopathic - Ms Felony - 10-26-2012

i always try and give the albums a couple of listens.

Re: State of Psychopathic - t3ktonix - 10-26-2012

The new Twiztid and Blaze albums are awesome, my fave ICP so far are the Joker cards, take your pick love em all :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

Re: State of Psychopathic - LuckyNumbrXIII - 10-26-2012

Ms Felony Wrote:i always try and give the albums a couple of listens.
What do you think of the current albums?

Re: State of Psychopathic - BiggGameJames - 10-26-2012

what you think of dj fillin leaving

Re: State of Psychopathic - Ms Felony - 10-26-2012

LuckyNumbrXIII Wrote:What do you think of the current albums?

the mighty death pop, allthough i havnt heard in entirity i would like to but won't get it where i am, i have a heard a good couple of tracks from it though.

the others, dunno aint heard them....

Re: State of Psychopathic - Stoopid Dog - 10-26-2012

LuckyNumbrXIII Wrote:I have to say, I am impressed.

I read a recent interview with Twiztid, and basically they said that Psychopathic is no longer run by the artists. This gives the artists time to concentrate on the music, and music alone.

The result is, in my opinion, the best music that has come from Psy in a very long time. I feel like every artist's most recent album is their best. Death Pop is my favorite ICP, Abominationz is my favorite Twiztid, Gang Rags is my favorite Blaze, Medicine Bag is my favorite ABK, Opaque Brotherhood... dunno if it's my favorite Lotus, but at least it sounds different. Boondox and AMB are gone (thank god). Cold 187um is a cool concept, and the music is good... but not sure if you can count this as a new album... more like a mixtape, I suppose. I dunno about you guys, but I felt like for a while all the albums were exactly the same. The production was the same, the beats sounded the same... now every artist has their distinctive, signature sound.

Has anyone here actually given the last few albums an honest listen? Or do you just skip around, listen to the first 30 seconds of a track based on the title, and write it off? I feel like if you listened to the albums straight through, you could actually enjoy it all.

Anybody?

I only listen to ICP and Twiztid and you hit the nail on the head with them. ABK was good on his first album but then again I think thats cause J had so much to do with it. Blaze just don't do it for me. But MDP and Abomanaztions were killer works.

Re: State of Psychopathic - sTr - 10-27-2012

abk's gone again, it's about time

Re: State of Psychopathic - BiggGameJames - 10-27-2012

sTr Wrote:abk's gone again, it's about time
not abk dj fillien

Re: State of Psychopathic - LuckyNumbrXIII - 10-27-2012

sTr Wrote:abk's gone again, it's about time
Not ABK... AMB. Axe Murder Boys. I've disliked them since I heard their demo that psy released. They were the winners of that contest psy had, right? I remember listening to them and just being like, "Yeah, these guys won't win." THen they won, and I swore the contest was fixed.

I bought their releases because I figured I'd give them a chance (and I swore never to pirate Psychopathic Records). Fucking... sucked. Mike E Clark gave them some of the sweetest beats, and then their voice had that dull wannabe rapper tone, and the lyrics were so stupid I couldn't relate at all.

Then I heard they got with Violent J's ex or baby mama, or something like that... and now I don't like them as artists, and I don't respect them as human beings. I hope they're flipping burgers right now.

Re: State of Psychopathic - OddBallFreak - 10-27-2012

I have no idea who dj fillien is...

The new twiztid c.d is awesome, one of the better ones they've put out in awhile. I personally love the rock/rap combo so mutant is my favorite c.d, but abominationz is in my top 3.

I know from talking to other people that listen to icp that I seem to be the odd man out, but I was disappointed with the mighty death pop. It was the first jokers card that I wasn't really into my first listen through. The other cards I generally would love about half the tracks, and think the other ones were good too, I just wouldn't be as into them as I was with the other tracks.

With tmdp I only loved one song the first play through and thought there were maybe 3 or 4 that were decent. It took me making myself to listen to it (to give it a real chance) for a good amount of time to get to the point where I really like 4 or 5 tracks, and think the other tracks aren't as bad as I originally thought. It also happens to be the first jokers card since c.o.c where I absolutely hate a song on it, and unfortunately for me there happen to be 2 songs on tmdp that fit that category.

Which tracks?

Where's God and Ghetto Rainbows

The Ghetto Rainbows remix is much better imo and if that one were the reg c.d instead of the bonus one I would probably consider it likable, but I don't care much for the original version.

Re: State of Psychopathic - N-Do - 10-27-2012

Ghetto rainbows and whatever that ninja song is kickin kickin or something are horrible but I love the rest

Hm... I like em. I guess I'll chalk that up to different tastes. Unless I'm the only one that likes those tracks....? lol, which may be the case.

Re: State of Psychopathic - Autumn - 10-27-2012

I'm with Krystal. The remix of ghetto rainbows is sooo much better than the original. I like kickin kickin! Where's God is just... okay to me. The Forever remix with the Geto Boys is bomb.. love love loooove it.

The whistling from forever is my ringtone for text messages, it used to be the chorus from juggalo juice but it was too loud or something, that shit would startle me when I got a text and was sleeping or lying down to go to sleep

Re: State of Psychopathic - Autumn - 10-28-2012

BiggGameJames Wrote:not abk dj fillien

Is this a relative of Nathan Fillion (spelling?)?

Re: State of Psychopathic - N-Do - 10-28-2012

<3 Nathan