Board 6
bajajajaj @ my job - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: bajajajaj @ my job (/showthread.php?tid=11822)

bajajajaj @ my job - sTr - 09-27-2012

they offered my the IT position which is what ! wanted, but they only offered 4 cents more than ! already make... ! told them to shove it... they'll give me what ! want or !'ll just keep my existing job or get a better job...

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - Ms Felony - 09-27-2012

what was the actuall job they offered you at 4 cents
is that 4 cents more an hour?

cause thats like £16 more bucks.

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - sTr - 09-27-2012

Right now !'m a supervisor of a support team, ! applied for the IT position doing Desktop support for anyone who's having computer issues in the company. They offered me the job, but they only offered me 4 cents an hour more than what ! already make. Not that the job is hard, but it's definitely more work than what ! do now.

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - Ms Felony - 09-27-2012

fair enough, fk em then.

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - juggalogigolo - 09-27-2012

thats a slap in the face.... they ust be retarded if they thought you would take it

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - Stoopid Dog - 09-27-2012

4 pennies more? Fuck that, with taxes you wouldn't even see it, in fact it could make it where they take more out.

bajajajaj @ my job - The Professa - 09-27-2012

If that spot has more potential for growth down the line, a lateral move in pay could be worth it.
Just a thought.

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - Ms Felony - 09-28-2012

it doesn't matter, if he gets taxed more for doing a better job for less pay, fk em

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - Paullehh - 09-28-2012

I changed jobs a few weeks back away from my workbench where i regularly get electrocuted and inhale plumes of solder and promoted to a Networking job where i sit in a much nicer chair with a multitude of PC's and Monitors.
Work = easier
Pay = 1k more PA
Happy

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - Enigma - 09-28-2012

congrats on that! :)

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - sTr - 09-28-2012

! came in this morning and had an e-mail saying that instead of a counter offer they were going to look at more candidates. ! got home about 30 min ago and just got a call with them offering what ! asked. ! was tempted to turn it down spite them, but in the interest of cash and better position ! took it.

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - LuckyNumbrXIII - 09-28-2012

Way to go. In my experience, you can't just accept a higher position unless the pay is comparable. They give you more responsibility, so you are owed more. End of story.

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - juggalogigolo - 09-28-2012

what was your offer? how much more are you making now?

bajajajaj @ my job - The Professa - 09-28-2012

sTr Wrote:! came in this morning and had an e-mail saying that instead of a counter offer they were going to look at more candidates. ! got home about 30 min ago and just got a call with them offering what ! asked. ! was tempted to turn it down spite them, but in the interest of cash and better position ! took it.

That's awesome! Congrats :)

Re: bajajajaj @ my job - Enigma - 10-25-2012

sTr Wrote:! came in this morning and had an e-mail saying that instead of a counter offer they were going to look at more candidates. ! got home about 30 min ago and just got a call with them offering what ! asked. ! was tempted to turn it down spite them, but in the interest of cash and better position ! took it.
Oh look! I found it! congrats on that Stephan! :)