Board 6
RIP Nintendo Power - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: RIP Nintendo Power (/showthread.php?tid=11538)

RIP Nintendo Power - sTr - 08-22-2012

[Image: nintendopower-640x863.png]

Nintendo has confirmed the news of Nintendo Power's closing, which we first reported yesterday, saying that the magazine will cease publishing at the end of the year. “Nintendo can confirm that Future US will end the production of Nintendo Power magazine with the last issue slated for December 2012," the company said in a statement, directing users to a customer service page for subscription inquiries.

Nintendo also seemed to cut off the possibility that it might once again publish the magazine internally. "Nintendo Power magazine is closing and is not moving to a new publisher," a spokesperson said. "We have nothing further to announce at this time.”

UPDATE: Nintendo Power Senior Editor Chris Hoffman seemed to confirm our source's information on Twitter, saying that he was "sad to see it go" and that the editorial team would "try to make the last issues memorable." Nintendo Power writer Phil Theobald, meanwhile, promised on Twitter that they had "something pretty sweet planned for the final issue."

Source: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/08/source-nintendo-power-magazine-to-cease-publication/

Re: RIP Nintendo Power - BiggGameJames - 08-22-2012

next to close is Nintendo it self

Re: RIP Nintendo Power - LuckyNumbrXIII - 08-22-2012

The Mayans were right.

Re: RIP Nintendo Power - sTr - 08-22-2012

DeadBodyMan Wrote:next to close is Nintendo it self

you're out of your mind

its all about Xbox and PlayStation now

Re: RIP Nintendo Power - Juggahoe - 08-22-2012

I'll buy a WiiU just for the super mario games, as will millions of other people

Juggahoe Wrote:I'll buy a WiiU just for the super mario games, as will millions of other people
This.

DeadBodyMan Wrote:its all about Xbox and PlayStation now
Says who?

Thing about those guys is they're just a division of a larger company. These divisions have been unprofitable for a very long time, they could cut the cord whenever they want to.

Nintendo is video games only. All they care about is making the next big game/system. Sure, they care about what's marketable... but they care more about staying power. Sony and MS just wanna know what's marketable right now for quick money, and to force shit on you... (streaming services, blu-ray, dvds).

Nintendo wants you to have video games, because that's all they really do.

the last thing Nintendo i played was wwe12 on Wii the last good game i played was super Mario n64

DeadBodyMan Wrote:the last thing Nintendo i played was wwe12 on Wii the last good game i played was super Mario n64
Their target audience is young kids, nostalgic 20-30 year olds, and adults.

Hardcore gamers, not so much. But let's be real for a second.... NO consoles give a fuck about hardcore gamers.

LuckyNumbrXIII Wrote:
DeadBodyMan Wrote:the last thing Nintendo i played was wwe12 on Wii the last good game i played was super Mario n64
Their target audience is young kids, nostalgic 20-30 year olds, and adults.

Hardcore gamers, not so much. But let's be real for a second.... NO consoles give a fuck about hardcore gamers.

i'm not much a gamer back then

Re: RIP Nintendo Power - juggalogigolo - 08-22-2012

nintendo 4 lyfe

i used to have a subscription to nintendo power back in the day, i had about it for about 10 years, starting with the 2nd issue, until my dad decided to be a dick and not renew it, i missed a few and got back on track again after a few months, i kept em all for a looooooong time until my dad finally moved a few years ago and threw em all away because i had no room to take em back and keep 15 years worth of magazines

good fuckin times, back in the day nintendo power was the fucking BOMB, every month getting a new one was the fucking highlight of my whole week, i would read that shit cover to cover, and see if i had any of the games that they had cheat codes for in that issue

Re: RIP Nintendo Power - dirtymonkey22 - 08-23-2012

My fab wii game by far has been the new super Mario bros were you can have 4 players

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

Re: RIP Nintendo Power - OddBallFreak - 08-23-2012

I like super mario galaxy 2 the best, but super mario wii and mario kart have have way more replay/ social play potential.

Re: RIP Nintendo Power - Juggahoe - 08-23-2012

dirtymonkey22 Wrote:My fab wii game by far has been the new super Mario bros were you can have 4 players

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]
YES! The battle mode was great while getting drunk. Many laughs were had.

Re: RIP Nintendo Power - Stoopid Dog - 08-24-2012

Nintendo has been around for 100+ years, I seriously DOUBT they will ever just close down.

Re: RIP Nintendo Power - sTr - 08-27-2012

it's true, they're not going anywhere....