Board 6
12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co (/showthread.php?tid=10898)

12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - sTr - 07-20-2012

A gas mask-wearing gunman opened fire on moviegoers at a midnight showing of the latest Batman movie Friday, killing at least 12 and injuring dozens more in one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history.

The violent and chaotic scene erupted about 12:30 a.m. local time as the suspected gunman, identified as 24-year-old James Holmes, stood at the front of one of the Century 16 theaters at the Aurora Mall where "The Dark Knight Rises" was playing. Witnesses reported that the gunman entered the theater through an emergency exit door and threw a gas canister before opening fire.

"Then it was a blur," Spenser Sherman told "CBS This Morning" said. "Then I heard a couple gunshots."

"I thought it was part of the movie, like a fun little prank - that it would be over in a few seconds. It obviously wasn't."

She said she only saw a silhouette of the suspect, and that the gunman said nothing.

"Everybody had dropped to the floor after the first couple gunshots, and then he fired some more. And then after that, there was a pause in the gunshots. Some people say he was reloading, I don't know. But at that point, my boyfriend was like 'This is the time, we need to go, we need to get out of the theater right now.' So we ran."

Jennifer Seeger told CBS station KCNC the suspect first fired up towards the ceiling, as if to scare people, and then started spraying the audience. He pointed the gun directly at her; she ducked. "He had a gas mask on so I couldn't see his face," she said. "All I smelled was gunpowder in the air, and gas was getting to me."

Police, ambulances and emergency crews swarmed on the scene after frantic calls started flooding the 911 switchboard, officials said.

Officers found Holmes near a car behind the theater. He surrendered without resistance, police said.

Police recovered four guns at the theater - one shotgun, two pistols and what is believed to be an assault rifle, a law enforcement source told CBS News correspondent Bob Orr. Authorities also recovered a gas mask.

A law enforcement source said the suspect also had a bullet proof vest, ballistic helmet and military SWAT clothing. Authorities were testing unidentified explosives in his vehicle, though their exact nature is unclear.

The nature of the attack suggests it was well planned. The suspect's vehicle was parked at the rear of the complex, near the emergency exit where he was reported to have entered from.

Aurora Police chief Dan Oates said there's no evidence of any other attackers. There was also no immediate word of any motive. Federal law enforcement officials are being briefed on the attack, but at this point, there is no indication it is terrorism-related, CBS News senior correspondent John Miller reports.

Police were at Holmes' Denver-area apartment and confirmed that it was apparently booby-trapped and had evacuated other residents of the building. A law enforcement source told Orr that police saw what looked like "buckets of extra ammunition" and some kind of chemical inside his home.

Oates said it could take hours or days to safely enter the apartment.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57476379/mass-shooting-at-batman-screening-in-aurora-colo.-at-least-12-dead-dozens-more-wounded/

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - psychopathic penguin - 07-20-2012

damn, beat me to it

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - sTr - 07-20-2012

sucker

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - Autumn - 07-20-2012

That's insane.

It reminds me of something that would be in a Batman movie

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - dirtymonkey22 - 07-20-2012

He was a Marvel Fan

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - Enigma - 07-20-2012

wonder if his face is half burnt up and if he had a coin that was marked on one side. the reason behind the attack being the marked side landed up.

[Image: pb-120720-james-holmes-colorado-shooting...log900.jpg]

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - insane - 07-20-2012

I beat str to it. 14 dead in batman premiere in Colorado on the main page

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - BiggGameJames - 07-21-2012

heard about that's some crazy shit.

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - COUSIN IT - 07-21-2012

doesnt resemble a juggalo

juggalo may rap murder but thats our release so we dont murder

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - BiggGameJames - 07-21-2012

you go to see a move then shoot up yep didn't say anything about him being a juggalo

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - dirtymonkey22 - 07-21-2012

COUSIN IT Wrote:doesnt resemble a juggalo

I would love to believe that but there's a reason the FBI looks at Juggalos as a gang

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - dirtymonkey22 - 07-21-2012

I would love to believe that but there's a reason the FBI looks at Juggalos as a gang

12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - The Professa - 07-21-2012

dirtymonkey22 Wrote:

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - John the Juggalo - 07-21-2012

COUSIN IT Wrote:juggalo may rap murder but thats our release so we dont murder

Tell that to your cat.

12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - The Professa - 07-21-2012

John the Juggalo Wrote:
COUSIN IT Wrote:juggalo may rap murder but thats our release so we dont murder

Tell that to your cat.
*gasp*
[Image: 44e7490b-aba6-2056.jpg]

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - COUSIN IT - 07-21-2012

well see what the dude was listening to when the get in his apartment...so far i heard it was techno...

i just speaking up for us juggalos in case you got us wrong...

marilyn works for the cops he sold out to save himself

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://boingboing.net/2012/07/20/marilyn-mansons-1999-essay-o.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://boingboing.net/2012/07/20/marily ... say-o.html</a><!-- m -->

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - holagatita - 07-21-2012

COUSIN IT Wrote:well see what the dude was listening to when the get in his apartment...so far i heard it was techno...

i just speaking up for us juggalos in case you got us wrong...

lol, now watch the media start asking Is Skrillex making your kids murder?? OMG CALL 911!!
yes, I know he's dubstep...whatever. I just hate the Nancy Grace kneejerk blame everyone but the person with the gun responsible mentality. Not a juggalo, never have been but-

I was a black clad trenchcoat wearing Mansonite, senior in high school when Columbine happened, so yeah, caught some shit back then.

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - juggalogigolo - 07-21-2012

bajaj

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - Star - 07-21-2012

My mom and grandma were flipping out when I went to see it, I kept trying to tell them that we aren't in gotham so people don't just randomly do super crazy shit all over the place simultaneously.

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - juggalogigolo - 07-21-2012

shits retarded

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - John the Juggalo - 07-21-2012

Im still blaming juggalos.

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - Star - 07-21-2012

[Image: EBSyZEmk_0qjb-GWG7DZWw2.gif]

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - OddBallFreak - 07-21-2012

bajajajaj

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - Slacker - 07-21-2012

[Image: 599911_363610100375977_149045143_n.jpg]

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - Autumn - 07-21-2012

That's awful. I feel bad that I lol'ed.

Re: 12 dead in shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Co - Slacker - 07-21-2012

word me too