Board 6
My nomination for best post in B6 History - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: My nomination for best post in B6 History (/showthread.php?tid=10388)

My nomination for best post in B6 History - sTr - 07-08-2012

Quote:"B6 has gone to hell." - An opinion article by THC

B6...the place of more laughter and love than any other board. We're much like America's motto, only with a B6 twist.

Give us your poor, your hungry, your idiotic Juggalos that never made it on RJ.

I've been on this board for about three years now. That's a really long time. I remember a lot of things, such as the destruction of the original B6, and its many forms after that.

The original board, however, is always talked about as the best. A lot of newbies often wonder what was so great about it, but the people who were there recall it all, and think back with fond memories.

There were a lot of original B6ers back then, everyone knew everyone. In just about everyone's sig was a list of the B6ers he/she was cool with. There were also quite a few crews back then. B6 was always big on the crews. The first one I remember was the Retart Krew, which I joined right before its downfall. No one ever remembers that though.

I was a newbie no one really liked. Kelly (The Toxic Love for you newbies) said I was cool, but I just made too many polls. Which I made the most rediculous polls ever. Like Erick said, I am the originator of the pointless poll.

My fame was very small, people read my posts and I thought it was incredible if my post even got 15 replies. So I decided one night to do something that would win the hearts of B6ers. I wrote The Road To Snawz. A lot of people didn't like it because they weren't in it, others liked it even though they weren't in it, and the rest loved it because they were in it.

Finally I earned my place as a B6er. It was great, people actually talked to me on AIM. I never asked anyone how to make a sig, I did it myself. I don't remember my first sig, but I remember it was probably either gay or funny. Although I do remember I had shouts in it to the B6ers who could tolerate me. Then some time passed, and B6 began to dwindle. B6ers began leaving. It started to die. But, throughout B6's history, there had been many times when the board died. Often coming back to life when something important happened to Psychopathic Records.

Then one day I went to check out B6, and I noticed that the board was gone. No longer there. I was a little pissed off at the time, only because I didn't know what happened. Then, after a little while, B6 returned.

The board continuesly died, until one day the board really died, simply because the staff at TheSixth had changed, and so did the board address. Erick started a new board, because the original B6 was becoming gay, and we needed originality and coolness. We also needed CSC Gold. So, Erick started The Cold Place, or TCP to its posters.

No one really posted at TCP, except Josh, TJ, Erick, and myself. I don't remember anymore posters that stuck around.

By the time TCP was formed, TheSixth had created an Ikon Board I believe they're called. It was alright, not many people liked it, mainly because the character limit in the sigs were completely gay.

TCP often made attacks on B6, as B6 did on TCP. I didn't really do attacks, instead I posted at B6 as well as TCP, even though my friends were against it.

Finally The Cold Place died, and its posters were left with no choice but to join me at the new B6.

For some reason, the Ikon Board broke, and we were left without a board, once more. So, supposedly as the rumor has it, FreekJoka created the EZBoard we're at now.

Things have changed a lot since OG B6 days. For instance, now there's nothing but newbies. Especially newbies with stupid polls/topics. I know what it's like to be them. I'm glad we have Josh here, because he's been here longer than me, and he weeds out the one-post newbies.

As far as I can tell, the original B6ers who are here now that were here back then are:

-TJ
-Mare
-Kelly
-Shawn
-Josh
-Erick
-Fred
-DP
-WRR

If I left anyone out, I'm sorry, I didn't remember you when posting this.

Relating to the topic of this thread was my point of this story. B6 would be a great place if it wasn't for the newbies. I know what you're saying right now, you're thinking, "What the fuck? Back up a second here, are you saying B6 should be newbie-less?"

My answer to that is no. B6 should in fact have more B6ers. It would be nothing without new B6ers. To me, a "newbie" is an annoying fuck that posts once, maybe twice and then leaves the board forever. Or maybe reappeares when something happens to Psychopathic, and then leaves again.

It's tiring. Especially when I look in the posts in the Wraith forum, that's really sad. For instance:

WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE OF THE FIRST 5 JOKER'S CARDS?!?!

Or even the more popular:

OUT OF THESE WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG?!?!

Don't they realize those are gay? They can only make a total of five options to vote on, obviously you can't fit all of ICP's songs on there so what's the point?

People are getting pissed off at newbies like you wouldn't believe. Josh is schooling them left and right, while DP thinks it's cool to stick up for them. The problem there is, if they can't put up with the newbie-weeding-through at first then there's really no point in staying.

Like I did, they must earn their respect.

Some of this article people might be offended by, while others think the order of events I listed in the story were misplaced or out of order.

Nothing will ever make neo-B6 like OG B6. Not even if all the OGs came back.

All I'm saying is please, please consider your posts before making them. And in the name of all that is holy, learn something in English class. Don't type like an idiot or you'll be branded as a newbie.

Thanks for reading this.

--THC

Original Link: http://sixthcom.yuku.com/topic/585

My nomination for best post in B6 History - FxXxckOff - 07-08-2012

I wish there was a way to get this place going again

Re: My nomination for best post in B6 History - sTr - 07-08-2012

if there's a will there's a way... we just need newbies... it sounds crazy to say, but without newbie we will never stick around... ! tell everyone ! know about this place, sometimes they join (dirytymonkey, cowposse) and most of the time they don't.... but !'ll at least always have this version of the board up forever just for the few that do come here....

Meh I think there's better ways than board wars. Not a fan. And I like most of the people at Kbc. My votes for a better way.

Re: My nomination for best post in B6 History - Autumn - 07-08-2012

I did have my boy post on the PA Juggalos Facebook to get people to post here, I dont know if that worked out well.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

Re: My nomination for best post in B6 History - OddBallFreak - 07-08-2012

KBC?

Keyboard cowboys aka sickfucksunited aka real juggalos

Re: My nomination for best post in B6 History - InsayneScrubalette - 07-08-2012

Ahh I remember the hell child. Glad he finally got away from his folks.

Re: My nomination for best post in B6 History - TheB6Bitch - 07-09-2012

hes one of the only peeps i stayed in contact with the whole time

Re: My nomination for best post in B6 History - Autumn - 07-09-2012

THC = Mike Willoughby?

Re: My nomination for best post in B6 History - TheB6Bitch - 07-09-2012

yep

Re: My nomination for best post in B6 History - Stoopid Dog - 07-09-2012

Word one of the few b6ers I have on facebook.

Re: My nomination for best post in B6 History - InsayneScrubalette - 07-09-2012

Add me fluffmeister just do a search on muppetbutt haha

Re: My nomination for best post in B6 History - Autumn - 07-09-2012

Yeah, I did have Mike added, but I think he took my friendship the wrong way, and now we're not associated anymore. *shrugs*