Board 6
Holy shit North korea and south korea are at war again?! - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Holy shit North korea and south korea are at war again?! (/showthread.php?tid=10103)

Holy shit North korea and south korea are at war again?! - Insanecowposse - 11-23-2010

INCHEON, South Korea (Reuters) – North Korea fired scores of artillery shells at a South Korean island on Tuesday, killing two soldiers, in one of the heaviest attacks on its neighbor since the Korean War ended in 1953.

The barrage -- the South fired back and sent a fighter jet to the area -- was close to a disputed maritime border on the west of the divided peninsula and the scene of deadly clashes in the past. South Korea was conducting military drills in the area at the time but said it had not been firing at the North.

The attack came as the reclusive North, and its ally China, presses regional powers to return to negotiations on its nuclear weapons program and revelations at the weekend Pyongyang is fast developing another source of material to make atomic bombs.

It also follows moves by leader Kim Jong-il to make his youngest, but unproven, son his heir apparent, leading some analysts to question whether the bombardment might in part have been an attempt to burnish the ruling family's image with the military.

"Houses and mountains are on fire and people are evacuating. You can't see very well because of plumes of smoke," a witness on the island told YTN Television before the shelling, which lasted about an hour, ended.

YTN said at least 200 North Korean shells hit Yeonpyeong, which lies off the west coast of the divided peninsula near a disputed maritime border. Most landed on a military base there.

Re: Holy shit North korea and south korea are at war again?! - sTr - 11-23-2010

what's new

Re: Holy shit North korea and south korea are at war again?! - Insanecowposse - 11-23-2010

I just don't hope our country gets involved like last time. My granfather was in that war and he won't talk about it ever.

Re: Holy shit North korea and south korea are at war again?! - Grimlin - 11-24-2010

Yeah,it's gonna be ugly if we get involved. I don't think we will be though.

Re: Holy shit North korea and south korea are at war again?! - Stoopid Dog - 11-24-2010

They never stopped being at war.

Re: Holy shit North korea and south korea are at war again?! - Grimlin - 11-24-2010

LOLZ Wrote:They never stopped being at war.

LOL that's actually true.... :|

Re: Holy shit North korea and south korea are at war again?! - Stoopid Dog - 11-24-2010

Yeah, they just haven't really had a shot fired at each other in I think 50 maybe even close to 60 years. No treaty or peace agreements have ever been established.

Insanecowposse Wrote:I just don't hope our country gets involved like last time. My granfather was in that war and he won't talk about it ever.
Cause like Vietenam we totally fucked it all up. Then every war since too. I'd be ashamed myself.