Board 6
Pull your pants up or i'll shoot you - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Pull your pants up or i'll shoot you (/showthread.php?tid=10024)

Pull your pants up or i'll shoot you - Insanecowposse - 10-09-2010

A Memphis man angered by two teenagers who would not pull up their sagging pants shot one in the rear and faces aggravated assault charges. On Saturday, police charged Kenneth E. Bonds, 45, with two counts of aggravated assault, according to a court affidavit.
[Image: kennethbondst160.jpg]

Bonds was released Monday from the Shelby County Jail on $25,000 bond.

At about 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 25, two young men ages 16 and 17 were walking to buy candy on Whiteside Cove near Shelby Drive and Tulane in Whitehaven, the court document said.

Their pants were sagging in a style that has drawn national criticism from figures including Georgia activist "General" Larry Platt -- who sang "Pants on the Ground" on "American Idol" -- and President Barack Obama, who spoke about them when he was a candidate on MTV days before his 2008 election.

From a yard in the 4400 block of Whiteside, Bonds began yelling at the pair to pull their pants up.

Initially, both teens ignored him, according to a police report.

Bonds then called the youths a derogatory word for gay men. He added, using profanity, that he was a grown man and that they should do what he said.

Both teens told police they responded by calling Bonds a "fat ass" who needed to shut up.

Bonds walked into a house and the pair walked off for candy at the "candy lady's" house.

When the young men emerged from buying candy, Bonds appeared with a semiautomatic handgun.

As the pair ran away, Bonds fired several shots, hitting the 17-year-old in the buttocks with a bullet that exited his thigh, according to the affidavit. The young man was treated first at Methodist South Hospital and then at the Regional Medical Center at Memphis.

Bonds admitted to shooting the youth, police said in the affidavit.

In his MTV appearance in November 2008, then-candidate Obama spoke against laws outlawing sagging pants, but added: "Having said that, brothers should pull up their pants. You're walking by your mother, your grandmother, your underwear is showing. What's wrong with that? Come on."

Re: Pull your pants up or i'll shoot you - Grimlin - 10-09-2010

Some kids do need to be shot these days.....they really don't have any respect anymore for the adults. I see this pretty common nowadays.

Re: Pull your pants up or i'll shoot you - F-Disk - 10-09-2010

It is there right to wear there pants however they want no matter how ridiculous it looks

Re: Pull your pants up or i'll shoot you - Grimlin - 10-09-2010

F-Disk Wrote:It is there right to wear there pants however they want no matter how ridiculous it looks

Ever watch one try and run from a cop...it's quite hilarious.....

Re: Pull your pants up or i'll shoot you - N-Do - 10-15-2010

Thats awesome he got shot in the ass. Sucks for the guy though because they arent considered adults so he's definatly facing some time/fines.