Board 6
New whip. :) - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: New whip. :) (/showthread.php?tid=9334)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: New whip. :) - Paullehh - 09-16-2009

i prefer "fix it again tomorrow" Happy

Re: New whip. :) - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 09-16-2009

My pop's daily driver is a 1974 Fiat 124 Spider. It's actually been remarkably reliable for the last 30 years. Had it restored like 15 years ago. It's got the abarth racing wheels. It's supercharged and fast as fuck. Handles very nicely as well. Of the common sportscars produced at the time the 124 was pretty fuckin good. Way better than comparable MG's which had push-rod engines and drum brakes. Not as hot as the Alfas of the day, but they were in a whole different price range.
Here's a nice Fiat Dino:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-Fiat-Dino-2-0-Spider_W0QQitemZ260477275873QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3ca5a7cee​1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-Fia ... 06.c0.m245</a><!-- m -->
Oh, and for all the shit-talkin about Ford, I just traded my '85 ranger in on the cash for clunkers thing. That bitch had 460,000 miles on the original engine, original transmission, basically the original everything except the battery and tires and it was still running strong. Sometimes you just get lucky and get a super-mutant that refuses to die.

Re: New whip. :) - Toxic Love - 09-17-2009

Grimlin Wrote:
Toxic Love Wrote:With all 3 Hyundais... I've only ever had ONE problem. My 01 Tiburon, 3 months after I bought it (used), my transmission blew going up the Raritan bridge on the Parkway. Came to find out the retard that had the car before me was fucking with it doing n-bombs and other shit. He also didn't keep up with maintenance. Hyundai replaced my transmission for FREE and they offered me a rental car, but we had an extra car anyway

I'm not doubting you...but how did you get such a good warranty on a used car? That is unheard of and doesn't exist anymore.

I've seen people have just as much problems with Hyundai as they can have with BMW.I tend to think it's the person who owns and treats their cars over the years.

BMW is known to make quality.Unions tend to have that effect.Where as Hyundai tend to sway away from quality and more "mass produce" their cars. Don't think after I've been working in the auto industry for over 10 years i wouldn't know any of this.

I remember making steel for both Hyundai and BMW....BMW was the harder customer to please with all their quality.My boss said they(BMW) literally was looking at steel with a magnifying glass looking for any flaws. They were that picky. !@#&
BMW isn't quality anymore... that is the problem. They are just a name. It's luxury, but it's definitely not convenience, quality, or durability. Older Hyundais certainly aren't as good as newer. Like I said, I bought a used 01 Tib with 40k miles on it. Trans blew, got it fixed for free. Hyundai's warranty is transferable to every owner that car has. Once you buy a Hyundai, any Hyundai you buy after that gets a "customer loyalty warranty", where you get an extended bumper to bumper warranty for free. They upgrade you for knowing you stay loyal to Hyundai. I got that when I got my 2nd Tiburon. The only problematic Hyundais I have seen are their Santa Fe's and Tuscons... which is why I don't encourage people to get those.

I'm not bothering much with Charlie since all he had to bitch about is the Santa Fe... which I clearly said I don't like anyway. I also stated I think Hyundai should stick to cars. Let him carry on, I don't care. I'm bot biased with carmakers. I just can't stand people that think OMG BMW, VW, AND AUDI FTW. No really... I don't think so. I love a lot of GM cars, I just HATE that the government bought GM and now there are gimmicks everywhere. I'm pissed off my parents bought Pontiacs and Chevy's PRIOR to GM going bankrupt and now they have to suffer for it. I don't have anything against Ford... I just don't really care for their vehicles. They aren't appealing. The 10 Mustangs are alright since they played around with the front and back ends... I just don't care for the company as a whole. And sure, me and my "JD friends" can brag all we want. I stayed behind a company that has never steered me wrong. It's unfortunate that I have seen so many people go through endless problems with their other carmakers... and have the companies pretty much tell them "It's covered under warranty... but you still have to pay for it." Just endless bullshit really.

And yeah, I know plenty of Honda tuners. I just see Honda EVERYWHERE so they're very boring to me. And if you look at a cartoon and think of the typical car drawing... it's a Civic in my mind. Bland and boring. Perfect for tuners... just boring to me.

Of course a tuned Civic has the probability of beating my GenCoupe on a strip. Theirs is tuned and mine is stock. Depending on how much work and money they put into it... yeah it can. I can tell you my best friend's TA can blow my car right off a start because he has put blood and sweat into it. I personally do not have the TIME to work on a car anymore due to working 55-65 hours a week... which is another reason I opted for a GenCoupe.

Re: New whip. :) - Grimlin - 09-17-2009

I'm still in awe of the warranty...I think that's pretty awesome.

I'll admit I don't buy foreign cars...while i did make the parts for them. Also for Hyundai....and just speaking from experience BMW was really picky on what steel they wanted and how they wanted it done.So i don't quite agree with
Quote:BMW isn't quality anymore
. That's just me though....I know what i had to go through to please those fuckers...and it wasn't fun.

Although you may be right with the BMW "name"..their reputation is higher,so their car prices may be somewhat "higher priced" than they should be. You just have to know what you are buying...most people don't.

It's the same thing with my fishing hobby....anything with the name "Shimano" is deemed as a high price best fishing reel on the market...that's not so much the case.

My Chevrolet Cavalier 97' is still running....Got it when it was brand new. Only complaint i have is the head....it used to leaks gas because of that stupid aluminum part(been replaced twice).I wish they still made it out of steel like they did back in the old days....that's why you still see a lot of classic cars that still run...they are build like a tank.

Re: New whip. :) - N-Do - 09-17-2009

Grimlin Wrote:I wish they still made it out of steel like they did back in the old days....that's why you still see a lot of classic cars that still run...they are build like a tank.

#cheers

Re: New whip. :) - XIII - 09-18-2009

Kelly, no offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about. You're regurgitating something you heard on another website, or something.

I'm not like, "OMG BMW AUDI HURRR," cuz I'm not retarded. I know the engineering, and I know what goes into building an engine. I don't want to get into specifics of engine design, but I can tell you that I know what the Genesis is... and I know what a VW is, and I would totally buy a VW over a Hyundai.

You choose to take it personally, which I don't really care. I'm not here to impress anyone, but I've been taking apart engines and cars as a whole for over 15 years with my uncle and my dad... so I think I know a little more than you do. And honestly, even for its priceline, Hyundais are pretty poor quality.

JD Power and all that shit, you gotta take it with a grain of salt. If you follow reviews and customer complaints, then you are simply a sheep. That is all.

Re: New whip. :) - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 09-18-2009

XIII Wrote:JD Power and all that shit, you gotta take it with a grain of salt. If you follow reviews and customer complaints, then you are simply a sheep. That is all.
Yeah, I'll take your word over JD power, cause you've been tinkering with engines for years. They don't have any experts of your calibre. You're just so great, man. Do you ever get overwhelmed by it?

Re: New whip. :) - dirtymonkey22 - 09-18-2009

sTr Wrote:2 things...

1. when ! drive a car, ! drive a stick
2. !'m smug as shit

Re: New whip. :) - Toxic Love - 09-18-2009

Oh yeah... I don't know shit. I just sit on the internet all day like you. And honestly, your opinion is garbage. To me, you're just a jerkoff who thinks he's holier than thou because he plays with videos for CNN. Woopdee doo. If you weren't so pompous, maybe people would respect you more. I spent 2 years working with mechanics learning the trade on all types of cars. It just wasn't the money I was looking for, but it sure as shit helped with bills trying to get through college. Take your smug attitude "I'M A GUY I KNOW MORE THAN YOU SILLY GIRL" and shove it up your ass. My annoyance isn't how you're degrading Hyundai. It's your shitty fucking attitude.

And I'm going to reitterate. Hyundais are NOT poor quality. You can go on and on about it, which is all you ever seem to do on this board since you really wish people would believe you on everything. Point is, YOU DO NOT know the cars. End of story.

And for the record, I also took apart cars with my dad and 2 uncles. When my parents were growing up, all they did was buy, fix up, and sell cars. My uncle is a mechanic for the Bo. of Carteret and has been for at least 35 years. My other uncle has his own auto body/mechanic shop in Carteret as well. My dad still plays around with cars as a hobby, but he doesn't really tinker with his commute cars. The Z28 was our little toy for the few years we had it. We sold it because we were done with it and honestly, it wasn't worth keeping anymore.

If I could work as a mechanic, I would go and get my CSE certifications and do it. Thing is, women get paid less than men and that's how it is. I rather just do my own thing when I get the time. For now, my career is primarily women (which works out for me), plus I have every opening to excel, advance, and move-up in the field. I have more passion doing what I do now than with cars, so I'd much rather have that as a career.

So honestly, get rid of your bullshit attitude. You go on and on and the sad part is, you're preaching to a wall because you do not take the time to listen to the experience and knowledge other people have. Instead, you just bitch at them and try to prove them wrong. It's no wonder that you're not very popular here. I'm not sure how your "Real life" is... but I would hope you don't do the same with those people either.

Instead of "Nice car, but I don't really like Hyundai." you said "Wow, your car looks and performs like shit. BMW's and VW's are better because I said so." Honestly dude, your attitude sucks. You could have been respectful but you weren't. In fact, you're not very respectful anywhere on this board. I know it's just the internet, but really. Get over yourself. That is what it comes down to.

Re: New whip. :) - XxSweetBitchAssxX - 09-19-2009

I don't really have much to add because I'm not versed enough to make a real, justifiable argument. But damn I love back and forth banter with wit, hahahaha.

Re: New whip. :) - juggalogigolo - 09-19-2009

PWNED BY A GIRL......

Re: New whip. :) - Toxic Love - 09-19-2009

XxSweetBitchAssxX Wrote:I don't really have much to add because I'm not versed enough to make a real, justifiable argument. But damn I love back and forth banter with wit, hahahaha.
YOU SHOULD BE RESTING FOR YOUR BIG DAY!

I have tried, I can't sleep a wink, so coffee better help me stay awake through the church and alcohol better help for the rest, lol.

XxSweetBitchAssxX Wrote:I have tried, I can't sleep a wink, so coffee better help me stay awake through the church and alcohol better help for the rest, lol.
You're insane. Just pop like .... 10 Benadryl. Hey, if it's 25mg per pound with dogs... it should work for people, right?

Hahahaha I totally thought about Benadryl, but since I have to be up in an hour anyways to get stuff done, no dice. I still have to write my vows agag!

So... all of this wedding planning and you haven't DONE anything? lol. I have no idea how you're going to get through today. Perhaps the anxiety will get you to the bar, hahahahah.

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-19-2009

XxSweetBitchAssxX Wrote:Hahahaha I totally thought about Benadryl, but since I have to be up in an hour anyways to get stuff done, no dice. I still have to write my vows agag!

bajaj, when are you getting married, hopefully not today if their not written yet. if so, right on, wing that shit...

Re: New whip. :) - Paullehh - 09-19-2009

Freestyle wedding vows..

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-21-2009

yo yo yo, ! do nigga what!

Re: New whip. :) - XIII - 09-21-2009

fred Wrote:PWNED BY A GIRL......
Not really. Just because I don't respond right away, doesn't mean i have nothing to say. Even though I "Sit on the internet all day," Rolls Eyes typical female remark... I haven't been around except for on my phone.

1. I didn't bring up VW/BMW, you dumb cunt... your friend mare did. Ok? Get that straight.

2. I said I don't like the new bubbly look that cars have. All cars. Even BMW. I don't like it. I'm so sorry you can't handle that. No wait, I'm not sorry.

3. You like to make shit a little too personal on here, okay fine.

Since no matter what I say, I have a "shitty attitude," I'll be a prick for just a moment:

1. You'll never be a millionaire being a vet. In fact, unless you invent some sort of surgical procedure, you're not really going to amount to shit. Despite what your guidance counselor and the internet tells you.... you're gonna be cleaning shit and administering death drugs to sick dogs for a living. Have fun with that. Meanwhile "HURR I EDIT VIDEOZ FOR CNN".... $93k a year starting is what they offered me. How much do you make? Go ahead, tell a nice little lie for us all. Or admit that you don't make shit for money. Otherwise you wouldn't buy sub par vehicles.

2. Working with your dad doesn't make you a fucking mechanic, shit for brains. If I ever found out my mechanic had his daughter do something, other than get him a fucking tool out of the box, I'd sue his ass.

3. I don't think I'm better than everyone... just YOU. You're too stupid to decipher conversation from insults. Do me a favor, and tell me what vet you work at... so I can tell all friends and relatives in the area not to go there, because they have a ditzy fucking cunt working as a pooper scooper.

4. I only met you once or twice, but both of those times gave me the impression that you were one of those annoying pseudo-depressed suburban bitches. You were a sheep, you liked things simply because everyone else did, and you had ZERO INTEREST in cars. So, whatever you know about cars, you've learned probably fairly recently.

Ok, so no I didn't get PWNED by a girl. It's just that even though, "I'm on the internet all day," I haven't been on the internet in like a week. kthxbai.

Re: New whip. :) - Paullehh - 09-21-2009

[Image: 2cr3adk.jpg]

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-21-2009

bajaj

Re: New whip. :) - Grimlin - 09-21-2009

I knew it was coming......This is why i love XIII.

I love how no matter what, it's always ME who's wrong. ME who's butthurt. Do you guys see how my first messages were neutral/positive? And she just snips at me? But I'M butthurt. When she rants and raves, it's PWNED LOL BY A GIRL! When I rant and rave, it's "You're butthurt. Relax, it's the internet."

So fuckoff, the lot of ya.

Re: New whip. :) - Grimlin - 09-21-2009

I don't know why,but you rub people the wrong way even when you don't try to.

I think I'm the only one who gets you sometimes.

Re: New whip. :) - tdot - 09-21-2009

people are too sensitive.. bajaj

i just fuck with xiii for fun

tdot Wrote:people are too sensitive.. bajaj

i just fuck with xiii for fun
Now people are too sensitive. Like, 10 posts ago when Kelly was all wah wah wah... I know everything, you're wrong I'm right... Everything was cool.

Re: New whip. :) - Autumn - 09-23-2009

Bajaj @ I drive an automatic and I don't know how to drive a stick, bitches. By stick, I mean the one in the car, NOT the one in my man's pants. lmao. Fuck it. To me, a car is a car.

PS. This thread was silly enough to get me to read it all, but ya know.. in the end IT'S JUST B6, baby! Don't need to get all mad about it.

One more thing,
Clizownmothafackoz17 Wrote:I'm not talking down, friend. I'm just better than you. ;)
I LOOOOOVE YOU ALEX <3<3

thank you. that is all.

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-24-2009

Autumn Wrote:Bajaj @ I drive an automatic and I don't know how to drive a stick, bitches. By stick, I mean the one in the car, NOT the one in my man's pants. lmao.

bajaj

Re: New whip. :) - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 09-24-2009

Autumn Wrote:I LOOOOOVE YOU ALEX <3<3
thank you. that is all.
Autumn! I love you too. You are a grade A-1 G-funktifier to the maximum!

Re: New whip. :) - Deadbody Man - 09-25-2009

I called it the Snow Ball. agag

Re: New whip. :) - Autumn - 09-25-2009

Fuck yes I am a G-funktifier lol <3

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-26-2009

!'ll cheers to that.... Cheers

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]