Board 6
New whip. :) - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: New whip. :) (/showthread.php?tid=9334)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: New whip. :) - XIII - 09-09-2009

As far as gas mileage goes, that depends on the driver. Most people that drive stick are sitting at a red light going, "VOOOM VOOM VOOOM VOOOM!" that's not very efficient.

Performance wise, yeah I suppose. But again, I've driven stick and I've driven automatic, and I've driven in between (the BMW allowed you go switch gears manually or drive automatically, but it wasn't full manual). Automatic is much more pleasant to drive. Let's face it, no one here drives a super car. You're not impressing anyone with your driving, or your car's engine.

Honestly, I think it's just a smug thing that people do. They try to inflate their own egos by saying you are a superior driver by using standard transmission. Let me tell you, I've seen a LOT of shitty drivers that can do standard trans.

Although, when I get rich and I buy my M3... you better believe it'll be standard. But my little VW... I don't need to get "SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE!" out of a 190bhp vehicle.

Re: New whip. :) - psychopathic penguin - 09-09-2009

i gots a new whip too -

[Image: 2010-ferrari-458-italia-101_cd_gallery.jpg]

only problem is i broke my collar bone so i can't drive it for another 4-6 weeks

fml

Re: New whip. :) - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 09-10-2009

XIII Wrote:Automatic is much more pleasant to drive.
False. Once you've driven a real car driving an automatic should make your skin crawl.
'XIII Wrote:Honestly, I think it's just a smug thing that people do. They try to inflate their own egos by saying you are a superior driver by using standard transmission...I don't need to get "SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE!" out of a 190bhp vehicle.
No, surely you don't. My car's got like a .00003 litre engine, it's no racecar. However, I simply don't see the logic in paying a great deal more for a car with inferior performance, gas mileage, longevity, enjoyability etc.
I'm with Paullehh on this one. I don't see why someone with two working arms would drive an automatic.

Re: New whip. :) - Paullehh - 09-10-2009

There is a good reason The rest of the world drive manual gears.

It's not because they want to be smug Rolls Eyes

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-10-2009

2 things...

1. when ! drive a car, ! drive a stick
2. !'m smug as shit

Re: New whip. :) - XIII - 09-10-2009

Honestly, I just think it's a hassle. Clizzown keeps bringing up inferiority and superiority, I don't see how that's not being smug. And until I buy a performance vehicle, I don't see the need to jerk around a stick to save .0000001 dollars in gas, get .0000000001 more ft/lbs torque, and questionably change the longevity of a vehicle.

Like I said though, I do wanna buy another bimmer performance car, either M3 or 335i... when I get that, I'll get standard. But until then, you can all talk down to me and tell me I don't drive a "real car." And then try to say you're not smug.

I'm not talking down, friend. I'm just better than you. ;)

Re: New whip. :) - Paullehh - 09-10-2009

XIII Wrote:Honestly, I just think it's a hassle. Clizzown keeps bringing up inferiority and superiority, I don't see how that's not being smug. And until I buy a performance vehicle, I don't see the need to jerk around a stick to save .0000001 dollars in gas, get .0000000001 more ft/lbs torque, and questionably change the longevity of a vehicle.

Like I said though, I do wanna buy another bimmer performance car, either M3 or 335i... when I get that, I'll get standard. But until then, you can all talk down to me and tell me I don't drive a "real car." And then try to say you're not smug.
He's not bringing up the performance/control/efficiency etc to be smug, it's the truth about the situation so should be added to the discussion and thought about.
Just because something is better it does not make it smug to mention it.
It's actually a really strong argument as to why people should buy manual cars over there automatic counterparts.

Re: New whip. :) - XIII - 09-10-2009

Clizownmothafackoz17 Wrote:I'm not talking down, friend. I'm just better than you. ;)
lol ok

Paullehh Wrote:He's not bringing up the performance/control/efficiency etc to be smug, it's the truth about the situation so should be added to the discussion and thought about.
Just because something is better it does not make it smug to mention it.
It's actually a really strong argument as to why people should buy manual cars over there automatic counterparts.
Jeah. That's all I'm saying. As for the smuggness, I really don't think that there's anything special about me because I drive a manual transmission because it's something that anyone can do. It's my personal preference and I think that there are several significant advantages to it. If you really find driving an automatic much more pleasant, good for you, obviously most Americans do.

Re: New whip. :) - Insanecowposse - 09-10-2009

That Black guy winking and smiling at me reminded me of my last tour of the prison and why even though i have a degree in corrections i will not work that job. I have rape-a-phobia the doctors told me to come to B6 to confront my fears.

Re: New whip. :) - XxSweetBitchAssxX - 09-11-2009

Hahaha I would die to have an M3, for the record. Or a 330xi. That's just me. And it'd be manual, even though I am terrible at driving stick.
I won't drive our mustang because I'm so badly coordinated that I suck at manual and I don't want to ruin it the transmission, haha.
But then again, it took me like 5 years to learn to drive PERIOD because I couldn't step on the pedal without looking at my feet ;)
Cerebral>coordinated, lol

Re: New whip. :) - Toxic Love - 09-12-2009

I only read the first page since board is fucking garbage when I'm on and takes 5 minutes to load a page.

Charlie, no. I went through 4 Hyundais (this is my 4th) because I get bored. I had my 98 Elantra Wagon GLS that was my hand-me-down from my dad until I turned 18. Turned 18, bought my 01 Tiburon. Had that for a few years and my parents bought me my 06 Tiburon GT V6 as a Christmas gift. I took over payments a year after that. Had that for a few years, got bored of it. I packed on 62k miles on it in 2 and a half years (when the average should have been around 45k) and the value of the car was less than what I owed (since I was making minimum payments due to me not making shit prior to graduation in May). I didn't see a point in me paying to insure or making payments on a car that wasn't worth what I owed.

With all 3 Hyundais... I've only ever had ONE problem. My 01 Tiburon, 3 months after I bought it (used), my transmission blew going up the Raritan bridge on the Parkway. Came to find out the retard that had the car before me was fucking with it doing n-bombs and other shit. He also didn't keep up with maintenance. Hyundai replaced my transmission for FREE and they offered me a rental car, but we had an extra car anyway.

I get bored very easily... and I've had my eye on the GenCoupe since it was the HCD8 concept back in 2005? 2004? It's been a while. I saw it at the 2008 Philly Auto Show for the first time and I swear to God, my heart lept out of my throat. I was utterly in love with this car. So... the first chance I got at getting it, I did. Now mind you, with cash 4 clunkers, dealerships were blowing me off. I bought this one at the same dealership I got my 06 Tiburon from and they treated me right. Paid off my Tiburon and gave me $2k off the sticker of the car (which normally isn't done since it's only been out since April in the US).

The Camaros had $5k added to the price of the car AFTER sticker. So the sticker price is not really the price. You add on another $5k at signing. Absolutely ridiculous. The v6 models drove and sounded like shit. The v8 models were okay. You can't see around the sides of the car and you have to arch your body forward to see traffic lights. The car looks beautiful, but was built like shit. I am so pissed I was overhyping myself for the big comeback and was terribly letdown when I took some out for a test drive.

The warranty is fabulous. The cars are built amazingly. My parents have had more problems with the Chevy's, Ford's, and Pontiac's they've had than with Hyundai. I was borderline going to get the Pontiac G6 GXP Coupe: Street Edition until I looked at the maintenance my mom has had on her 07 Pontiac G6 GT convertible. No thanks!!! We had an 02 Z28 Camaro convertible (sold it in April) and NOTHING but problems. My dad has an 06 Silverado 1500 4x4 w/Vortec Max. Also nothing but problems. AND SURPRISE!!! ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER ANY GM WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as Santa Fe's and Tuscon's go... I don't like them. Never have, never will. Maybe there was coincidentally a lot of lemons... are maybe Hyundai shouldn't make SUV's. Hyundai should stick to cars. That is all I have to say about that. You could run your mouth saying they make shitty vehicles all you want. I've never had any real problems. The one problem I had was resolved immediately. I am a tuner, a car hobbyist, and an educated person. I can tell you BMW and VW are shittier fucking cars than Hyundai... and sit here and diss you all day long. But I'm not going to because I don't care, and it's personal preference what you want to drive. I'm not some dumb chick you can sell any car to. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you have any advantage over me. There was a 2009 study by JD Power and Associates "2009 Initial Quality Study (IQS)" which studied the number of problems per 100 vehicles. Here is how they ranked:

1. Lexus
2. Porsche
3. Cadillac
4. Hyundai
5. Honda
6. Mercedes-Benz
7. Toyota
8. Ford
9. Chevrolet
10. Suzuki
11. Infiniti
12. Mercury
**this is an insert of where the industry average is**
13. Nissan
14. Acura
15. BMW
16. Kia
17. Volkswagen
18. GMC
19. Buick
20. Audi

Do I need to go on?

I can tell you with VW, they ARE NOT good cars. I'm really not saying this to argue. I know way WAY too many friends that have or had VW and they hate them or they like the cars too much and deal with the massive amounts of problems. One of my family's friends was a new car salesman for a local VW dealership. He and his wife and two VW's in the driveway... a Toureg and a Passat. I believe they were 06 models. Those two cars spent more time in the damn shop then they did in the driveway. NOTHING but problems. They wound up getting rid of them after 8 months and getting a Jeep Patriot and some Land Rover thing. My boyfriend's cousin has a Jetta... yeah so far this year, about $2k in repairs. My boyfriend's best friend of forever just bought a used 07 fully loaded Jetta. Surprise, after a week it was in the shop!! VW isn't even in the top 10!

So like I said... I go through cars because I get bored. I usually only have a car for at most, 3 years... then I get bored and get a new one. I might keep this one around longer, only because it's the perfect car for me... but who knows? Something might come out that makes me want that instead.

Oh, and for the record. Driving a stick doesn't make you any manlier. Personally, I fucking HATE driving a stick in traffic, which I have to deal with every single day. It just means you save $1500 off of a car by not have A/T.

And for shits and giggles... these are the things I used to drive:

[Image: l_a3f6c57ee2d9449696e59633ee5ecbd1.jpg]
2001 Hyundai Tiburon SE (base model)
You can see my dad's Silverado in the background.

[Image: l_c809bdf9b1734e70baeff485f8dcbcaf.jpg]
And the over-used picture that I'm sure was on the old B6.

[Image: l_551c9e19eda74601ab91514cec866e87.jpg]

[Image: l_0da4c2d8a63e4f11b237cf0ef3455a46.jpg]

[Image: l_03097f50fc794ad5bccdbbbdcb08d250.jpg]
2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6.

[Image: l_532c3b7cf8d34d8691218939feefc236.jpg]
2002 Chevy Camaro Convertible Z28 (35th anniversary edition)... and I miss this ho. :(

[Image: l_8a7e924d535240bf8c21f66e683bce2c.jpg]
2007 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible. My mom's car but I drive it every now and then for a change.

So no... no problems. I just treat my cars better than most people treat their children.

And the GenCoupe I have is the 3.8L... not the 2.0 Turbo. I can't see spending over $20k on an i4. Great for the ricer kids and tuners that want to supercharge or do other silly things... but I don't care enough to bother. I also have the base model 3.8L, not the Track or Touring. I had my heart set on a Track edition but after test-driving one, in normal commute, they are a bumpy ride. They have a different suspension so it's nowhere near as smooth. I'm just going to tint and install a sunroof in the spring with income tax money. :)

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-12-2009

! want my '92 lebaron back, that bitch was the bimb...

I miss how some older cars were made. I want a 72 Camaro and a 77 DeTomaso Pantera. Yummmm.

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-12-2009

word, ! had a '82 Grand Marquee, that thing was a boat. wood grain siding and all...

Hahaha my ex had one of those when we met and then the brakes went out and he totalled it. He got rear-ended by a U-haul truck and that didn't do shit... but a telephone poll did!

Re: New whip. :) - XxSweetBitchAssxX - 09-12-2009

Ahhhh, I'd kill to have a 72' Camaro, Kells. Like literal murder, lmao.

Matt and I want to rebuild a classic car once we're more secure and have more time. It's like our future his and hers project.

Re: New whip. :) - Toxic Love - 09-13-2009

XxSweetBitchAssxX Wrote:Ahhhh, I'd kill to have a 72' Camaro, Kells. Like literal murder, lmao.

Matt and I want to rebuild a classic car once we're more secure and have more time. It's like our future his and hers project.

I told Dave when I graduate vet school and become a millionaire, I am going to buy the 2 aforementioned cars, restore them, then race them at Atco and Englishtown raceways. :)

No but really, Dave has no interest in cars whatsoever. So the whole car hobby thing leaves me on my own. :(

Re: New whip. :) - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 09-13-2009

When me has money, Me's gonna buy old alfa romeo GTV's and fix em up hotter than shit.

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-14-2009

the old alpha romeo's were sexy, ! always wanted to get one as well... sharp back, not flat back...

Re: New whip. :) - Enigma - 09-15-2009

i totally thought you meant like a sex whip....sorry. it's very pretty though. :)

Re: New whip. :) - XIII - 09-15-2009

Wow, Kelly... a little defensive aren't we? In no way, shape or form are Hyundai's better than BMW. Sorry, but that's just plain not true. VWs... just because you know people with problems, doesn't mean it's a bad car. I go to gatherings for VW, and there's hundreds of VW owners that love their cars. GTI's, Rabbits, Beetles, etc.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to offend you, but since you had to be a bitch, Hyundais pretty much suck, and just because YOU think something's true, doesn't mean it is true.

And just because you tinkered with a car, don't make you an expert. SORRY. I know I "run my mouth" a lot, but I like cars a LOT, and don't think you're going to outwit me in that respect.

I'm not going to get into anything, cuz I know you'll just C&P shit you read on your tiburon propaganda forums that you probably attend.

But don't take your buyer's remorse out on me. My family owns BMWs, and they don't "get bored," or need to trade them in for 20+ years. And when the DO decide to get rid of them? They still get like, $15k for them, cuz they hold value. Unlike your Tiburon that was worth less than your payments. Aye carumba.

And I know you guys are all buddy buddy on this site and you'll all gang up on me, but fuck the lot of ya, that's my opinion. Take it.

Re: New whip. :) - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 09-16-2009

XIII Wrote:Wow, Kelly... a little defensive aren't we? In no way, shape or form are Hyundai's better than BMW. Sorry, but that's just plain not true. VWs... just because you know people with problems, doesn't mean it's a bad car. I go to gatherings for VW, and there's hundreds of VW owners that love their cars. GTI's, Rabbits, Beetles, etc.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to offend you, but since you had to be a bitch, Hyundais pretty much suck, and just because YOU think something's true, doesn't mean it is true.

And just because you tinkered with a car, don't make you an expert. SORRY. I know I "run my mouth" a lot, but I like cars a LOT, and don't think you're going to outwit me in that respect.

I'm not going to get into anything, cuz I know you'll just C&P shit you read on your tiburon propaganda forums that you probably attend.

But don't take your buyer's remorse out on me. My family owns BMWs, and they don't "get bored," or need to trade them in for 20+ years. And when the DO decide to get rid of them? They still get like, $15k for them, cuz they hold value. Unlike your Tiburon that was worth less than your payments. Aye carumba.

And I know you guys are all buddy buddy on this site and you'll all gang up on me, but fuck the lot of ya, that's my opinion. Take it.
Jesus Christ. Somebody needs a hug.
Say what you will about Hyundai, but in the same price range, looking for a "comparable" product from VW, you'll get at best a 200hp, front wheel drive car (In the GTI). From Hyundai, for the same price, a 300+hp machine with rear wheel drive. Plus the Hyundai has better reliability. And a better warranty. And lower maintenance costs. To me it's a no-brainer: The Hyundai is by far the superior machine. I know you said though, my dear XIII, that you get a great reaction when you tell people you bought a VW. Good for you if that's what's important to you. I'll take the 100 extra horsepower and fuck people's reaction. But that makes sense. You think driving is a hassle to be endured. And you like automatic transmissions. :)

Re: New whip. :) - Grimlin - 09-16-2009

Toxic Love Wrote:With all 3 Hyundais... I've only ever had ONE problem. My 01 Tiburon, 3 months after I bought it (used), my transmission blew going up the Raritan bridge on the Parkway. Came to find out the retard that had the car before me was fucking with it doing n-bombs and other shit. He also didn't keep up with maintenance. Hyundai replaced my transmission for FREE and they offered me a rental car, but we had an extra car anyway

I'm not doubting you...but how did you get such a good warranty on a used car? That is unheard of and doesn't exist anymore.

I've seen people have just as much problems with Hyundai as they can have with BMW.I tend to think it's the person who owns and treats their cars over the years.

BMW is known to make quality.Unions tend to have that effect.Where as Hyundai tend to sway away from quality and more "mass produce" their cars. Don't think after I've been working in the auto industry for over 10 years i wouldn't know any of this.

I remember making steel for both Hyundai and BMW....BMW was the harder customer to please with all their quality.My boss said they(BMW) literally was looking at steel with a magnifying glass looking for any flaws. They were that picky. !@#&

Re: New whip. :) - XIII - 09-16-2009

Clizownmothafackoz17 Wrote:
XIII Wrote:Wow, Kelly... a little defensive aren't we? In no way, shape or form are Hyundai's better than BMW. Sorry, but that's just plain not true. VWs... just because you know people with problems, doesn't mean it's a bad car. I go to gatherings for VW, and there's hundreds of VW owners that love their cars. GTI's, Rabbits, Beetles, etc.

Jesus Christ. Somebody needs a hug.
Say what you will about Hyundai, but in the same price range, looking for a "comparable" product from VW, you'll get at best a 200hp, front wheel drive car (In the GTI). From Hyundai, for the same price, a 300+hp machine with rear wheel drive. Plus the Hyundai has better reliability. And a better warranty. And lower maintenance costs. To me it's a no-brainer: The Hyundai is by far the superior machine. I know you said though, my dear XIII, that you get a great reaction when you tell people you bought a VW. Good for you if that's what's important to you. I'll take the 100 extra horsepower and fuck people's reaction. But that makes sense. You think driving is a hassle to be endured. And you like automatic transmissions. :)
Speed and power = quality to you?

I pay more for quality parts. Hyundai has better reliability? Ok, I know a person with a Santa Fe, they hit a pothole, now their car veers to the right all the time. I hit that same pothole on a daily basis, and I can pretty much drive with no hands.

The "reactions" argument is just weak and taken out of context, and you are a shitty debater for even USING that in that way.

I do like automatic transmissions, that doesn't make me a bad driver. I just don't see the point in waggling around a knob when I'm not really driving for performance. A daily driver does not need to be standard trans. Period. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just obsessed with image and doesn't want to admit it.

Seriously... standard transmission... what gear makes the guy in front of you get out of the way? None of them. Your sense of control is an illusion. When you're stuck in traffic, you control nothing.

The only reason BMW has more user complaints than Hyundai is because of higher standards. I used to go to the shop like, every couple months when I had a bimmer, just because I noticed one headlight seemed dimmer than another. They didn't ask any questions, they just gave me all new bulbs. Kelly and her friends at JD Power seem to think that's a bad thing, but I tend to think high standards from consumers = better products from producers.

And also, I can't stress enough.... speed and horsepower DOES NOT make it a better car. Please, I know civics that could probably DESTROY the genesis on a track, both cars fully tuned. Doesn't mean civics are better cars.

So, as always, people on this board reduce everything to its simplest terms in order to get the illusion that they understand something. You don't. So, yeah, keep jerking your knobs around and buying a new car every 3 years... and I'll just keep my VW until I'm ready to get rid of it... in like, 20-30 years.

Re: New whip. :) - Clizownmothafackoz17 - 09-16-2009

XIII Wrote:Speed and power = quality to you? And also, I can't stress enough.... speed and horsepower DOES NOT make it a better car. I'll just keep my VW until I'm ready to get rid of it... in like, 20-30 years.
The genesis doesn't only kick the living dogshit out of your Hitler-mobile in terms of speed and power (which it clearly does). As far as independent rankings of quality it doesn't only kick the living dogshit out of your VW in terms of number of complaints per model produced. For the genesis--Initial quality ranking: 5 star. For Overall performance and design: 5 star. For predicted reliability: 4 star.
Volkswagen GTI-- Initial quality: 3 star. Performance and design: 5 star. Predicted reliability: 2.5 star.
I know, Kelly must run JD power. They're all out to get you.

Re: New whip. :) - XIII - 09-16-2009

Yeah, yeah, yeah... and Britney Spears has more fans than Mozart. What's your point?

Like I said... I've seen Hyundais, I know what they can and can't do. Same with VWs. I actually wanted to buy a tiburon a couple years ago when I was in high school. I tested it, did research, and came to the conclusion that I don't want it. All the ones I test drove had like, 15-20k miles on them and they ran like shit.

And also, Like I said... everyone on this site is a bunch of circle jerking faggots and they'll always defend each other no matter what, so yeah... I'm done here.

Bottom line is, all cars are basically built like shit. It's up to the owners to make the best of them.

If you honestly think a car that cost less than say... $50k has had any thought put into it, you're retarded.

Re: New whip. :) - Grimlin - 09-16-2009

XIII Wrote:Bottom line is, all cars are basically built like shit. It's up to the owners to make the best of them.

#cheers and i agree

If they lasted forever,all car mechanics would be out of a job..... ;)

I'm stuck on principles right now,I want to buy an American made car to benefit this economy....That's just me though.

Re: New whip. :) - N-Do - 09-16-2009

Grimlin Wrote:
XIII Wrote:Bottom line is, all cars are basically built like shit. It's up to the owners to make the best of them.

#cheers and i agree

I'm stuck on principles right now,I want to buy an American made car to benefit this economy....That's just me though.
[Image: ford_logo.png]

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-16-2009

N-Do Wrote:
Grimlin Wrote:

#cheers and i agree

[Image: ford_logo.png]

Found On Road Dead

bajajaja i sooo seen that comming

i have a few that i like a lil better though

Fix Or Repair Daily
Factory Ordered Road Disaster
Found On Road Deserted
For Old Retarded Drivers

but always

First On Race Day

bajajaja

Re: New whip. :) - sTr - 09-16-2009

! like the acronym for fiat.. Fix It Again Tony

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

easily one of my all time favorites is well.. Fiat is one of them lol but Pontiac is another
Poor Old Nigger Thinks Its A Cadillac