Board 6
MDP Review Thread - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: MDP Review Thread (/showthread.php?tid=11392)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: MDP Review Thread - sTr - 08-14-2012

ok, you do that and let me know what it is....

MDP Review Thread - LuckyNumbrXIII - 08-14-2012

Ok but I'm revoking your right to say "doesn't check."

Freaky tales in one of the bonus CDs. Comes with black pop. It is a 60 minute track where they rap about all the weird shit they've done with girls on tour.

Re: MDP Review Thread - Juggahoe - 08-14-2012

supposedly. Have you heard it? I could barely tolerate 30 minutes of it. every 30 seconds it goes " I met this one bitch... " shot little story then "I met this one bitch" Over and fucking over. I couldnt take it anymore. But in those 30 minutes I did hear some funny lines.

Re: MDP Review Thread - BiggGameJames - 08-14-2012

TommyIcedB USER (14 Reviews)

August 14th, 2012 | 33 replies | 938 views

Summary: Not too crude for the casual listener, not too commercial-sounding for the "Juggalos", Insane Clown Posse have brought us overall one of their most solid albums.

3 of 3 thought this review was well written

The Insane Clown Posse have always been the giant slop of Marmite on the world of music; they are looked upon with great disgust while still maintaining one of the strongest musical fanbases known to man. Their unique brand of hip-hop with crude, horror-oriented lyrics has always proven controversial, yet their records always sell like hot-cakes. Then along came 2009's 'Bang! Pow! Boom!', an album that attempted to bring in a whole new audience while still maintaining the existing fans, keeping their bizarre lyrical style while moving towards a generally more commercial sound. Instead, the album was met with uncertainty from just about everyone. The lyrics still proved off-putting to the new listener, while fans were offended, believing the wicked clowns were "going mainstream". It was going to be difficult to follow-up with a release to counteract on the negative effect that 'Bang! Pow! Boom!' left. Enter 'The Mighty Death Pop!', which actually turns out to be some of the clowns best material yet.

'The Mighty Death Pop!' continues the Dark Carnival mythos that the Insane Clown Posse have been creating since their debut 'Carnival of Carnage'. Details aside, the album opens with an appropriate intro introducing the latest character in the series of "Joker's Cards". This is then followed on by the titular track, which instantly sets the bar very high for the rest of the album. The track, which samples Hot Chocolate's 'Everyone's A Winner', instantly turns out to be some of the best material MC's Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope have touched in a long time. Unlike most of the Insane Clown Posse's material, this song could definitely appeal to the wider audience they seek; the lyrics don't overdo it and the beat is generally enjoyable.

After the great opening however, 'The Mighty Death Pop!' faults where so many of the clown's other LPs have failed - it all generally becomes a mixed bag. We get some impressive work such as 'Night of the Chainsaw' and the fun track that is 'Juggalo Juice', however the album as a whole seems to falter at times with tracks like 'Kickin' Kickin'', which, despite being a song about a ninja, ends up being one of the more boring tracks off the album.

Lyrically, Insane Clown Posse have done what they do best: create controversial material. 'Shooting Stars' is a "diss song" against Chris Brown, a trend which continues with 'Dog Catchers', a song expressing great dislike for television star Dog the Bounty Hunter. However, it's the track 'Chris Benoit' that proves to be the most shocking. Upon the release of the music video, the song got a lot of backlash from listeners who were appalled by the songs subject matter: former professional wrestler Chris Benoit, whose life ended in a double murder and suicide. It seems like a nasty topic to tackle, and unfortunately ends up being some of the more bland, badly written lyrics on the album - "You did this, this you/(What the f*ck am I doing?/You got issues". Despite the negativity of 'Chris Benoit', the lyrics are generally much less crude than the likes of albums such as 'Riddle Box' or 'Ringmaster'.

After the audience splitting 'Bang! Pow! Boom!', 'The Mighty Death Pop!' strikes back as some of the best work the wicked clowns have done so far. The lyrics don't push it too far (bar 'Chris Benoit' of course) and the sound doesn't push too close to the "mainstream". This is far better than most of the clown's other albums and comes close to the likes of 'The Amazing Jeckyl Brothers', previously considered the Insane Clown Posse's best work. This is an album that could potentially please fans and casual listeners alike.

from SputnikMusic.com

Re: MDP Review Thread - COUSIN IT - 08-14-2012

i got the black issue and i was hoping for more wikidness... the second cd was all the same beat with different girls names... i liked bangpowboom better...

maybe i listen and like it more...

Re: MDP Review Thread - BiggGameJames - 08-14-2012

COUSIN IT Wrote:i got the black issue and i was hoping for more wikidness... the second cd was all the same beat with different girls names... i liked bangpowboom better...

maybe i listen and like it more...

i like bang pow boom but i love death pop

Re: MDP Review Thread - COUSIN IT - 08-15-2012

witch version is the best

Re: MDP Review Thread - BiggGameJames - 08-15-2012

all versions are the same only thing new is the bonus cds and the box

i really like that and the 3d cover... i still have my 3d psychopathic glasses...ill listen again ...

COUSIN IT Wrote:i really like that and the 3d cover... i still have my 3d psychopathic glasses...ill listen again ...

mad messages in the MDP...I like it...

I wish there was about me though

Re: MDP Review Thread - Autumn - 08-15-2012

I finally listened to it. I looooove love love Bazooka Joey. And Forever is pretty awesome. I think they're all pretty good, except Ghetto Rainbows. The remix is so much better.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

Re: MDP Review Thread - dirtymonkey22 - 08-15-2012

I love riddle box , Jeckel bro's Melinko, Wraith shrangrila the new cards suck Mega balls in comparison

Insane Clown Posse, ‘The Mighty Death Pop!’

CRITICAL MASS
SPIN Rating:7 of 10
Listen:
Spotify
Buy:
Amazon

iTunes
Release Date: August 14, 2012
Label: Psychopathic
July 15 2012, 10:43 AM ET
by Brandon Soderberg

Email

Woop woop!
Despite their reputation as violent, sexist, mind-corrupting cracker rappers from the mean trailer parks of Detroit — and for the moment, putting aside the very real and very weird fact that the freaking F.B.I. has labeled their fans (infamously known as "Juggalos") a gang — the Insane Clown Posse should be feared only because of their unwavering, intimidating sincerity.

Their Gathering of the Juggalos, a massive, fan-friendly, money-losing weekend get-together going 13 years strong — with the latest installment finding room for both the roast-chicken-skinned wrestling legend Ric Flair and Skrillex-haired rapper Danny Brown — is one big celebration of seriously giving a shit. When "Miracles," off 2009's Bang! Pow! Boom!, molted into a meme ("Fucking magnets, how do they work?"), the song shocked snarky internet users simply because it fully inhabited the unspoiled wonder one has as a child.

And so, ICP's 12th album, The Mighty Death Pop!, a jaunty disco-horrorcore record about man's hubris and God's silence, filtered through '80s slasher flicks and pro-wrestling grandiosity, with three different bonus discs (including Freaky Tales, a staggering, hour-long(!) take on the Too $hort classic of the same name), has no time for cynics or guffawing outsiders. If their previous albums haven't grabbed you, well, this one won't, either. Juggling a goofy-ass sense of humor with willy-nilly musical fusion (hip-hop breaks, butt-rock guitars, Jimmy Buffet-y sing-alongs, nutty nods to the Dance Dance Revolution side of party music) and a dead-serious moral code that retrofits outraged '80s rap to their cultish worldview, it's nonetheless hard to dislike. The kitchen-sink-and-then-some production allows each song to barrel into the next, keeping the wonky momentum going for the full hour. And though ICP. are clunky MCs, they're also ridiculously entertaining: Violent J's a braying goofball, while Shaggy 2 Dope's in-quotes mean-mugging is like Eminem if he rediscovered his spastic gallows humor from a decade ago.

See, their sincerity is not the proud, PostSecret-style wearing of flaws and insecurities that began with Kanye West and has reached its icky nadir with Drake, but a kind of "LiveJournal spewing vs. Tumblr cool-curating" dynamic that revels in rage and ridiculousness in order to transcend a cruel world. "Chris Benoit" taps into the psyche of the professional wrestler who killed his wife and child and then took his own life back in 2007, and uses it to stare into the void; tracks like "Blasta," "Night of the Chainsaw," and "Bazooka Joey" are similarly candy-colored comic-book tales of frustration.

But probably the best way to understand The Mighty Death Pop! is the mid-album combination of "Shooting Stars" and "Juggalo Juice," the two purest examples of ICP's pissed-off moralizing and canny self-mythologizing slamming into one another. The former is a grinding "By the Time I Get to Arizona" wannabe, in which our heroes attend the Grammy's and kill domestic-abuse superstar Chris Brown; the latter comes complete with a Morning Zoo-voiced dude listing soda flavors while Shaggy and Violent J endlessly praise the much-loved cheapo soft drink Faygo.

The Mighty Death Pop! is actually at its best when it gets real. "Where's God" is a pulpy take on a spiritual crisis: "How the fuck is shit fair out here? / Homeless family froze on the stairs / Where's God? / Bumpin' his iPod? / It's odd, I'll be the lighting rod / I want to know." And then a Weird Al sound-alike asks, "Where's God when shit goes down?" It's pretty much the kind of existential junk Ingmar Bergman spent a whole filmography dealing with, compressed into honest, hilarious dude-bro outrage. Death playing chess… God listening to his iPod… not that big a difference, really.

Like Master P's long-gone No Limit, Three Six Mafia's once-fulgent Hypnotized Minds imprint, or the Wu Tang Clan at the height of their powers — back when 1997's Forever came with an enhanced CD that gave you a virtual tour of the Wu Mansion, for some reason — ICP have constructed a feedback loop of fan-friendly promotion, junk-culture lionizing, and strangely personal, incredibly rarefied, even more ridiculous hip-hop. They're world-builders running the last closed-circuit circus in town. The FBI is taking them seriously. So should you.

Re: MDP Review Thread - Stoopid Dog - 08-15-2012

lol 12th album?

莟莟莟 Wrote:lol 12th album?

you have yet to tell us what you think of it?

Re: MDP Review Thread - Stoopid Dog - 08-15-2012

I told the people that are friends with me on facebook.

review[-]by David Jeffries
Being a "love 'em or hate 'em" group, it was about time the prolific and conceptual Insane Clown Posse got around to a “love 'em or hate 'em” album, and while this rap-rock battle cry called The Mighty Death Pop is the second joker card in the second stack of joker cards, this lofty yet ludicrous over-riding concept the group has been pimping since day one doesn't cloud what is essentially a "we're pissed" album. Oh course they're pissed at the music press, who use them as punching bags at a level even Kiss never suffered, but there's a level of clarity here their detractors would never expect, and as "certified hoe," Chris Brown gets gunned down by the Clowns during the cleverly titled, Grammy massacre called "Shooting Stars," the Detroit duo's argument that spouse abuse is way beyond what ICP advocate as worthy consideration, even if the rest of the lyrics could be used in court for a search warrant looking for stockpiled weapons. Interesting how the bad side of their Juggalo fan base gets skewered here and there when most thought there was no side but bad, but even as the group turn their venom into rhymes that should be universally accepted as inspired, it's still a cult group bitching about cult group trappings, which will wear on those outside the inner circle of fandom. For those on the outside, there's the wicked genius productions from Mike E. Clark, Psychopathic's not-so-secret weapon who can help Kid Rock climb the charts with "All Summer Long" and still return here for super fun songs about Faygo ("Juggalo Juice") and hooky nightmare anthems that ape Danny Elfman for the best ("SKREEEEEM!" with fellow fringe rappers Tech N9ne and Hopsin). Turns out the group and their mad doctor soundman, are both ready to rumble, even if the world won't listen; closeted fans might want to peek their heads out for this one, while Juggalo regulars should dive right in.

from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-mighty-death-pop-mw0002399785" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-might ... 0002399785</a><!-- m -->

3.5 of 5 stars!

Re: MDP Review Thread - BiggGameJames - 08-16-2012

ok i have download the other two bonus 1st Mike E. Clark's Extra Pop Emporium

Chris Benoit" (Kuma's Scrub Club Remix) ice cube killed it and Scarface, Lost in the Music,Scrubstitute Teachers,Pass It to the Sky,

Smothered, Covered & Chunked
"Beautiful. "Bitch Better Have My Money,"Shout",

Re: MDP Review Thread - Juggahoe - 08-16-2012

beautiful was horribbleeeeee.

Mo is going be pissed now he told me to wait

MDP Review Thread - LuckyNumbrXIII - 08-16-2012

Why the fuck do you care if he's gonna be pissed?

LuckyNumbrXIII Wrote:Why the fuck do you care if he's gonna be pissed?

Mo is really a good friend of mine he has helped me out with a lot stuff over the yrs he like a brother to me and i don't like seeing him upset i don't like seeing any of my friends upset.

Re: MDP Review Thread - Stoopid Dog - 08-16-2012

Fuck him and his bitch ass mother.

the yo gabba gabba cover is alright not as bad as i thought it was going to be.

MUSIC REVIEW: INSANE CLOWN POSSE – THE MIGHTY DEATH POP!

BY KEVEN SKINNER
PUBLISHED: AUGUST 16, 2012 - 1:48PM
in Music Reviews Rap/Hip-Hop
The clowns that everybody love to hate are back with their most ambitious release yet. The second in a new series of 'Joker's Cards' is not only one of the finest offerings from Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope ever, but it's an album of the year contender. 'The Mighty Death Pop!' is quickly becoming a hip hop horror classic.

Insane Clown Posse are likely not your thing and that's OK. The duo of Detroit rap legends have been dealing with mainstream hate their entire careers and the Juggalo fanbase has thrived year after year in the underground. ICP have consistently and constantly improved with each album over the past decade and 'Mighty Death Pop!' is another fine example how they've aged like a delicious Faygo flavored wine.

Producer Mike E. Clark is a madman and the samples used throughout ICP's 12th full length studio album are perfect. The riffs of the title track turn out what sounds like ICP's ode to Michael Jackson's 'Beat It' – in its own way. 'The Mighty Death Pop!' is my favorite song on the record and an instant classic from the dynamic duo. Other standouts include 'The Blasta', which chronicles a man who murders bullies, 'Night of the Chainsaw', 'Where's God' and 'Forever'. Those are some of my personal favorites but because the album is as perfect as it can possibly be I may find myself swayed by other songs down the road.

What 'The Mighty Death Pop' also does well, is incorporate the ugly side of real life and pop culture. ICP do not shy away from letting their feelings be known when it comes to the dark side of Hollywood. In 'Shooting Stars', Violent J and Shaggy rap about murdering Chris Brown at the Grammys. It's dark, funny and appropriate in ways like the 2012 movie God Bless America. 'Dog Catchers' takes aim at Dog the Bounty Hunter and 'Chris Benoit' is loosely based on the wrestler who went off the deep end and murdered his family. To say that ICP are attracted to the grim aspects of life is an understatement.

The record's theme is death. Shocking. ICP have always rapped freely about murder and mayhem. The perfect example of this is on their astounding double record 'The Wraith' exploring both sides of the afterlife. 'The Mighty Death Pop!' is that moment of impact however, so the death is fresh with this album.

If you didn't like ICP before, you won't like them now. If you liked ICP before, you'll love them after listening to 'The Mighty Death Pop!'. The new effort is proof that a band can still show tremendous progress and evolve two decades into a career. ICP are at the top of their game in 2012 and whether or not you're down with the clowns, 'The Mighty Death Pop!' is relevant, terrifying, hilarious and a must-own for Juggalos everywhere.

Bonus:
'The Mighty Death Pop!' is released in three formats:

'Red Pop', which contains the bonus album 'Smothered, Covered & Chunked'. This is a collection of cover songs ranging from House of Pain's 'Jump Around', Christina Aguilera's 'Beautiful' to 'Hold Still' from children's TV show Yo Gabba Gabba. It's my favorite of the bonus releases. ICP covering Yo Gabba Gabba? Greatest cover in the history of anything.

'Black Pop' contains the 'Freaky Tales' bonus disc. That record features one track, clocking in at one hour long. The song is funny but it's definitely the most difficult to grasp considering it's nothing but line after line about various sexual conquests. Many of them quite gross as one would expect. Classic ICP.

'White Pop' includes the remix effort 'Mike E. Clark's Extra Pop Emporium'. This collection surprised me the most because many of the tracks come off even stronger than their standard album counterparts. The 'Chris Benoit' remix features Ice Cube and Scarface. It's fantastic. The album is loaded with cameos from the Psychopathic Records family as well as outside appearances by Kottonmouth Kings, Swollen Members, Three 6 Mafia and more.

1. "Intro"
2. "The Mighty Death Pop"
3. "Night of the Chainsaw"
4. "Chris Benoit"
5. "The Blasta"
6. "Kickin' Kickin'"
7. "Bazooka Joey"
8. "Shooting Stars"
9. "Juggalo Juice"
10. "Hate Her to Death"
11. "Skreem!" (Feat. Tech N9ne & Hopsin)
12. "Ghetto Rainbows"
13. "When I'm Clownin'"
14. "Dog Catchers"
15. "Daisies"
16. "Where's God?"
17. "Forever"

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/08/16/music-review-insane-clown-posse-%E2%80%93-the-mighty-death-pop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/08/1 ... -death-pop</a><!-- m -->

Re: MDP Review Thread - BiggGameJames - 08-17-2012

the next card will be out 215 bajaj

Re: MDP Review Thread - BiggGameJames - 08-17-2012

2015 i mean but i don't it don't this would take as long 2014 when it will drop

Re: MDP Review Thread - F-Disk - 08-18-2012

i actualy kinda dig this album now that ive given it a real listen Cocktopus

Re: MDP Review Thread - LuckyNumbrXIII - 08-18-2012

F-Disk Wrote:i actualy kinda dig this album now that ive given it a real listen Cocktopus
Everyone really should, man.

Re: MDP Review Thread - BiggGameJames - 08-18-2012

Beverly Kills i don't care much for it and i know that a fave among ogs

Re: MDP Review Thread - BiggGameJames - 08-20-2012

i think lost in the music should have been on the main cd

i wonder what there next video is?

Re: MDP Review Thread - sTr - 08-20-2012

if it's anything like that one XIII posted hopefully never

sTr Wrote:if it's anything like that one XIII posted hopefully never

thats from bang pow boom